Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Nurse essay romeo juliet

Nurse essay romeo juliet

Mar/Fri/2018 | Uncategorized

The nurse in romeo and juliet essays

Nurse essay romeo juliet

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Essay about Nannies and Nurses in Romeo and Juliet by William

SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and Tips. If you're reading this article, I assume you're an IB Student, who is getting ready to write their Extended Essay. If you're looking at this as a potential future IB student, I recommend reading our other introductory IB articles first: What is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program? and What is the IB Curriculum? What are IB Diploma Requirements?. IB students around the globe fear writing the Extended Essay.

In this articles, I'll try to get you excited about writing your Extended Essay and provide you with the resources to get an A. Nurse Essay. I'm a recipient of an IB Diploma, and I happened to of trees receive an A on my IB Extended Essay. If you don’t believe me, the proof is in the IBO pudding, If you're confused by what this report means, EE is short for Extended Essay, and English A1 is the nurse essay, subject that my Extended Essay topic coordinated with. In layman’s terms, my IB Diploma was graded during May 2010, I wrote my Extended Essay in the English A1 category, and I received a grade A. The IB Extended Essay (or EE) is vouchers dissertations a 4,000 word structured mini-thesis that you write under the supervision of an essay juliet, advisor (an IB teacher at your school), which counts towards your IB Diploma (to learn about all of the IB diploma requirements, check out dissertations, our other article). I'll explain exactly how the EE affects your diploma later in nurse essay romeo juliet this article. Stock. For the Extended Essay, you choose a research question as a topic; this topic needs to be approved by IBO (which is not very difficult). You can do a typical research paper such as in this paper, or you conduct an experiment/solve a problem such as in this paper. Most schools allow you to pick your advisor (an IB teacher preferably at essay juliet, your school, although you can also get access to one at another school through the Pamoja Education). I'll explain how to pick your IB EE advisor below.

The IB Extended Essay must include a cover page, an abstract (one-page synopsis of your essay), a table of contents, the 4,000-word essay (which will range from 10-20 pages depending on thesis about internet dating whether your topic requires illustrations such as an experiment would), and a bibliography. Your completed Extended Essay is then sent to the IBO to be graded (I will go into more detail on nurse essay romeo grading below). Paper Term. What Should You Write About in juliet Your Extended Essay? You can technically write about characteristics concept, anything, so long as the IBO approves it. However, you should choose a topic that falls into nurse essay juliet one of the IB Course Categories, (such as Theatre, Film, Spanish, French, Math, Biology, etc.) which shouldn’t be difficult because there are so many class subjects. Here is a range of sample topics with the education dissertations, attached extended essay: You can see from essay juliet how varied the topics are that you have a lot of freedom when it comes to of trees essay picking a topic. Essay Romeo. So, how do you pick when the options are limitless? I will help you with that next: 6 Tips for Writing a Grade A Extended Essay. Tip #1: Write About Something You Enjoy Because You'll Be Spending a Lot of Time on It. I love British theatre and ended up writing mine about a revolution in post-WWII British theatre #theatrenerd.

I really encourage anyone who pursues an IB Diploma to take the Extended Essay seriously. Thesis Internet Dating. I ended up receiving a full-tuition merit scholarship to USC’s School of Dramatic Arts program and in my interview for the scholarship, I spoke passionately about my Extended Essay. I genuinely think my Extended Essay helped me get my scholarship. Nurse Romeo. How do you find a topic you are passionate about? Start by figuring out sensation and perception, which classes you enjoy the most and why you enjoy them. Essay. Do you like Math because you like to problem solve? Or do you enjoy English because you like to analyze texts? Once you have figured out a general subject area such as Physics, you should brainstorm more specific topics by putting pen to paper. What was your favorite chapter you learned in that class? Was it astrophysics or mechanics? What did you like about that specific chapter?

Is there something you want to learn more about? I recommend spending an hour on this type of brainstorming. After doing this preliminary brainstorming make sure to choose: Tip #2: Chose a Topic That Is Not Too Broad, But Not Too Narrow. This is education dissertations a fine line. Juliet. You need to write about something specific, but not so specific that you can’t write 4,000 words on it . You can’t write about WWII because that would be a book worth of material. You don’t want to write about what type of thesis, soup prisoners of war received in POW camps because you probably can’t come up with 4000 words on it. However, you could possibly write about how the nurse romeo, conditions in German POW camps were directly affected by the Nazis successes and failures. This may be too obvious of a topic, but you get my point. If you're really stuck trying to paper stock prices find a not too broad or narrow topic, I recommend trying to brainstorm a topic that uses a comparison. If you refer back to the topics I mentioned above, you may notice that two use comparisons.

I also used comparison in my EE, comparing Harold Pinter's Party Time to John Osborne's Look Back in Anger in order to show a transition in British Theatre. Essay Romeo Juliet. Topics with comparisons of 2-3 plays/books/diets/etc. tend to be in the sweet spot of of trees, not too narrow or broad because you can analyze each portion and after doing in-depth analysis on each, you compare and explain the nurse, significance of the comparison. The key here is that the comparison needs to be significant. Sensation Paper. I compared two plays to show a transition in essay British Theatre. Research Paper Stock. Comparisons are not the only way to get a grade A EE. If after brainstorming, you pick a non-comparison based topic and you are still unsure if a topic is too broad or narrow, spend 30 minutes doing some basic research and see how much material is out there. If there are over 1,000 books/articles/documentaries out there on nurse juliet the exact topic, it may be too broad. If there are only 2 books that have any connection to your topic, it may be too narrow. If you are still unsure, ask your advisor! Speaking of advisors: Tip #3: Choose an Advisor Who Is Very Familiar With Your Topic and Who Seems Excited About It. Internet Dating. If you are not certain of who you would like to be your advisor, I would start by creating a list of your top three choices.

Next, create a list of pros and cons (I know this sounds tedious, but it really helps!). For example, Mr. Green is my favorite teacher, and nurse, we get along really well, but he teaches English, and I want to conduct an experiment to compare the efficiency of American Hybrid Cars to Foreign Hybrid Cars. Ms. White teaches Physics, I had her a year ago, and she liked me. She could help me design my experiment. I am going to ask Ms. White! Do NOT just ask your favorite teacher to be your advisor. They may be a hindrance to you if they teach another subject. I would not suggest asking your Biology teacher to guide you in writing your English EE.

EXCEPTION: If you have a teacher who is passionate and tefl, knowledgeable about your topic (as my English teacher was about nurse essay romeo, my Theatre topic), you can ask that instructor. Consider all of your options first before you do. There was no theatre teacher at my school, so I could not find a theatre-specific advisor, so I chose the thesis about dating, next best thing. Some IB high schools require your IB Extended Essay advisor to nurse juliet sign an essays, Agreement Form. Make sure you ask your IB coordinator if there is any required paperwork. IBO does not require any paperwork. If your school needs a Form signed, make sure you bring it with you when you ask a teacher to be your EE advisor. Tip #4: Choose an Advisor Who Will Push You to Be Your Best. Some teachers may just take on students because they have to and may not be passionate about reading drafts and may not give you a lot of feedback.

Choose a teacher who will take the time to read several drafts and give you extensive notes. Essay Romeo Juliet. I would not have gotten my A without being pushed to make the draft better. Ask a teacher that you have experience with either through class directly or through an essays, extracurricular activity. Do not ask a teacher that you have no connection to; a teacher, who does not know you, is nurse unlikely to internet push you. Note: The IBO only allows advisors to suggest improvements to the EE, but they may not be engaged in essay romeo writing the EE. Paper Stock Prices. The IBO recommends that the supervisor spends approximately two to three hours in total with the candidate discussing the EE. Tip #5: Make Sure Your Essay Has a Clear Structure and Flow. IB likes structure. Your EE needs a clear introduction (which should be 1-2 pages double-spaced), research question/focus (i.e. Romeo. what you will be investigating), body, and conclusion (about 1 page double-spaced). Conservation Essay. An essay that has unclear or poor organization will be graded poorly. Also, make sure your 300-word abstract is clear and briefly summarizes your whole argument.

An ambiguous abstract will make it more challenging for the reader to follow your essay’s argument and will also hurt the grading of romeo juliet, your EE. The body of your EE should make up the bulk of the essay. It should be about 8-18 pages double-spaced (again just depending on sensation and perception whether or not you include diagrams). Your body can be split into multiple parts. Essay Romeo. For example, if you are doing a comparison, you might have 1/3 of your body as Novel A Analysis, 1/3 as Novel B Analysis, and the last 1/3 as Comparison of Novel A and essays characteristics, B Analysis. If you are conducting an experiment or analyzing data such as in nurse essay this EE , your EE body will have a clear and obvious parts following the paper papers, scientific method: stating the research question, discussing your method, showing the data, analyzing the data, discussing uncertainties, and drawing a conclusion/evaluating the experiment. Nurse Essay Juliet. Tip #6: Start Writing Sooner Rather Than Later! You will not be able to crank out a 4,000-word essay in self a week and nurse romeo juliet, get an A. You will be reading many, many articles (and, depending on your topic, possibly books, plays, and watching movies). And Perception Paper Papers. Start the research possible as soon as possible. Each school has a slightly different deadline for nurse romeo, the Extended Essay. Some schools want them as soon as November of your Senior Year; others will take them as later as February of Senior Year.

Your school will give you your deadline; if they haven't mentioned it by February of conservation, Junior year, ask your IB coordinator. Some schools will give you a timeline of when you need to come up with a topic, when you need to meet with your advisor and nurse juliet, when certain drafts are due. Not all schools do. Ask your IB coordinator if you are unsure if you are on stock a specific timeline. Nurse Romeo. Here is my recommended timeline, it is earlier than most schools, but it will save you so much heartache (trust me, I remember): January/February of Junior Year: Come up with your final research topic (or at least top 3). February of Junior Year: Approach a teacher about being your EE advisor (if he or she says no, keep asking others until you find one - see my notes above on research stock prices how to pick an EE advisor). April/May of Junior Year: Submit an outline of your EE and a bibliography of potential research sources (I recommend at least 7-10) to your EE advisor. Meet with your EE advisor to discuss your outline. Nurse Essay Romeo. Summer between Junior and Senior Year: Complete your first full draft over stock prices the summer between Junior and Senior Year! I know, I know no one wants to work during the summer, but trust me this will save you so much stress come the fall when you are busy with college applications and juliet, other IB internal assessments for your IB classes.

You will want to have this first full draft done because you will want to complete a couple of draft cycles as you likely won’t be able to get everything you want to say into 4000 articulate words the of trees essay, first time. Try to get this first draft into the best possible shape you can, so that you do not have to work on too many revisions during the school year on top of your homework/college applications/work/extracurriculars/etc. August/September of romeo juliet, Senior Year: Turn in your first draft of your EE to vouchers your advisor and receive feedback. Work on nurse essay incorporating their feedback into your essay. If they have a lot of suggestions for improvement, ask if they will read one more draft before the final draft. September/October of Senior Year: Submit second draft of EE to education vouchers dissertations your advisor (if necessary) and receive their feedback. Essay. Work on creating the best possible final draft.

November-February of Senior Year: Submit two copies of your final draft to tefl your school to be sent off to IBO. You likely will not get your grade until after you graduate. The early bird DOES get the worm! Extended essays are marked by external assessors (examiners appointed by romeo the IB) on a scale of 0 to 36. There are general and subject-specific criteria, at thesis internet dating, a ratio of nurse juliet, 2:1 (24 possible marks for the general criteria and essays self concept, 12 marks for nurse juliet, the subject-specific one). The total mark is paper stock converted into a grade from A to E, using the below parameters: Here is the typical breakdown of essay juliet, scores (from 2008): How Does the conservation of trees essay, Extended Essay Grade Affect Your IB Diploma?

The Extended Essay grade is nurse essay juliet combined with your TOK (Theory of thesis, Knowledge) grade to determine how many points you get towards your IB Diploma. To learn about essay romeo juliet, Theory of Knowledge or how many points you need to receive your IB Diploma, read our other articles on What is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program? or IB Diploma Requirements. Self. This diagram shows how the nurse romeo juliet, two scores are combined to determine how many points you receive for your IB diploma (3 being the most, 0 being the least). Paper. So, let’s say you get an A on your EE and a B on TOK, you will get 3 points towards your diploma. Note: this chart is slightly outdated. Essay. Prior to the class of 2010, a diploma candidate could receive a failing grade in either the conservation essay, extended essay or theory of nurse juliet, knowledge and still be awarded a diploma. However, as of 2014 (for the first examination in May 2015), a student who scores an E on either the extended essay or TOK essay will not be eligible to receive an IB diploma. In case you want a little more guidance on how to get an A EE. Here are 50 Excellent (grade A) sample extended essays for your reading pleasure: Want to improve your SAT score by 160 points or your ACT score by sensation term 4 points?

We've written a guide for each test about the nurse essay romeo juliet, top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at sensation term, improving your score. Download it for free now: Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article! As an SAT/ACT tutor, Dora has guided many students to test prep success. She loves watching students succeed and is committed to helping you get there. Dora received a full-tuition merit based scholarship to University of Southern California. She graduated magna cum laude and scored in nurse romeo juliet the 99th percentile on the ACT. She is about internet also passionate about acting, writing, and nurse essay romeo, photography. You should definitely follow us on paper term social media. You'll get updates on nurse essay romeo juliet our latest articles right on your feed. Follow us on all 3 of our social networks: Have any questions about this article or other topics?

Ask below and we'll reply! Series: How to Get 800 on conservation of trees Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to nurse romeo juliet Get 36 on Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in a variety of other topics! Looking for Graduate School Test Prep? Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the latest articles and internet dating, test prep tips! © PrepScholar 2013-2015. Essay Romeo. All rights reserved. Course Essays. SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board TM . The College Entrance Examination.

Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in nurse romeo any way with the owner or any content of conservation of trees essay, this site.

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services -
The Nurse - CliffsNotes

Practice with CLAST-Type Tests - Bedford-St. Martin's. No Text Content! PART THREE Practice with CLAST-Type TestsPREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. Romeo Juliet. MARTIN'S, 2006) 41. The sample tests in Part Three will give you a chance to research paper stock prices, practice the concepts youreviewed in Parts One and Two. If you try to simulate some of the actual CLASTconditions, you may feel more comfortable when taking the nurse essay romeo juliet, CLAST itself. To do this,gather a timer or clock, pencils, pens, and writing paper. Conservation Of Trees Essay. Then find a quiet place whereyou will not be interrupted for nurse juliet, about two hours. To write the essay, practice using the course essays, ten–forty–ten rule.

Set your timer for tenminutes, turn to the sample essay test (page 42), and nurse romeo juliet, begin. Sensation And Perception Term. Look over the topics andselect your choice. After brainstorming briefly, write a tentative thesis and roughoutline. Next, reset your timer for forty minutes and begin to develop the paragraphsin your essay. Nurse Romeo Juliet. Finally, reset your timer for the last ten minutes for paper stock prices, editing andproofreading your essay. Romeo. To try one of the practice English language skills tests, set the timer for twenty-five minutes. Conservation. (By budgeting only twenty-five minutes for this section, you will havemore time on the reading portion of the nurse essay romeo juliet, CLAST, which will be included in the same testbooklet and time slot as the language skills test. You can go back and work on thelanguage skills test if you finish the reading test before the research prices, time is up.) Remove theanswer sheet from the back of this booklet, turn to page 43 (test A) or 56 (test B), andread the nurse romeo juliet, directions carefully.

Work through the test, reading the directions for eachsection and sensation and perception paper term, marking your answers on the answer sheet. Juliet. After you have finished the tests, turn to the answer key for that test and checkyour answers. If you still have questions about a particular test item, you can look upthe skills being tested in the section of The Bedford Handbook indicated in education vouchers, the rightcolumn for essay romeo, that item. After you have checked the language skills test and examined the education, answer key, turnto the nurse essay, CLAST essay scoring criteria in Part One of this booklet. As objectively as youcan, examine your introductory paragraph, thesis, organization, examples, andsentence structure. Try to arrive at of trees essay a tentative score for nurse essay romeo, your essay. Thesis Dating. Later you may wantto look at the essay again and perhaps write some other practice essays using someof the nurse romeo, topics listed in Part One (page 4). You also may want to seek the advice of concept, anotherstudent, a teacher, or the writing center personnel at your college.42 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE CLAST ESSAY TESTYou will have 60 minutes to plan, write, and proofread an essay on one of nurse juliet, thetopics below.

READ THE TOPICS VERY CAREFULLY TO MAKE SURE YOUKNOW WHAT THEY ARE ASKING YOU TO DO. YOU MUST WRITE ON ONLYONE OF THESE TOPICS AND YOU MUST ADDRESS THE ENTIRE TOPIC. TOPIC 1: Advantages or disadvantages of living in a rural area, small town, or larger metropolitan area OR TOPIC 2: A disadvantage of technological innovation that may affect cer- tain individualsIn your essay, you should introduce the subject and then either – explain the subject you have chosen, or – take a position about your subject and characteristics self concept, support it.At least two evaluators will read your essay, and each one will assign it a score. Theywill pay special attention to whether you have – addressed the topic as it is written, – established a clear thesis or main idea, – developed your thesis logically and in sufficient detail, – used well-formed sentences and paragraphs, – used language appropriately and effectively, and nurse essay romeo juliet, – followed standard practices in spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and gram- mar. Take a few minutes to think about what you want to say before you start writing.Leave yourself a few minutes at the end of the period to proofread and make corrections. Vouchers Dissertations. Please write in ink. You may cross out essay romeo, or add information as necessary, but youshould write as legibly as possible so that the evaluators can easily read your essay.PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. Internet Dating. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE CLAST ESSAY TEST 43.

SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST ADIRECTIONS: Choose the most effective word or phrase within the context suggestedby the sentence(s). 1. Although his goal seemed ____________, David was determined to help his three brothers get through medical school. Essay Romeo Juliet. A. zealous B. ambitious C. purposeful 2. Praising her for losing enough weight to reach the goal he had set for her, the dietitian told Anna she looked healthy and ____________. A. slim B. gaunt C. scrawny 3. Janet sat in the hot sun watching the of trees, children playing in the pool; then, ____________, she jumped in, not caring about getting her clothes wet. A. repulsively B. compulsively C. impulsivelyDIRECTIONS: Choose the essay, underlined word or phrase that is unnecessary withinthe context of the passage.

4. The Red Cross gathered food, blankets, and clothing, as well as other supplies A also, to send to the disaster area immediately; however, the shipment was B CD delayed a week because the roads were flooded. Dissertations. E A. as well as other supplies B. Nurse Essay Romeo Juliet. also C. Research Stock. area D. immediately E. a week44 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) 5. Christopher Columbus, who was searching for a short sea route to the East, ABcommanded three ships on his first voyage.

The largest in size, the Santa C DMaria, held only forty men.EA. Essay Juliet. short seaB. to the EastC. firstD. in sizeE. only6. Education Vouchers. Justin’s favorite pastime is essay juliet, experimenting with new recipes. Unfortunately, AB his creative ideas are not always successful. Once he tried to combine together CD peanut butter and grape gelatin. Needless to say, the result was not edible. E A. favorite B. Unfortunately, C. Once D. together E. Needless to say,DIRECTIONS: Choose the sentence that expresses the thought most clearly andeffectively and that has no errors in structure.7A.

Disappointed with his low grade, biology would never be Jason’s major. B. Disappointed with his low grade, Jason knew he would never major in biology. C. Disappointed with his low grade, Jason’s major would never be biology.8A. Driving south on Main Street, you will see the post office on paper papers your right after you pass the fire station. B. After passing the essay juliet, fire station while driving south on Main Street, the post office will be seen on your right. C. After passing the research prices, fire station, the post office will be seen on your right while driving south on Main Street.9A. By the time my son Jack was a sophomore, the nurse, library was discovered as a good place to about, study. Nurse Essay Romeo. B. By the time he was a sophomore, the library was a good place to study, my son Jack discovered.

C. By the time he was a sophomore, my son Jack had discovered that the library was a good place to study.PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST A 45. 10A. The rescue effort was hindered because the roads were washed out, high winds, and the equipment broke down. B. Conservation. The rescue effort was hindered because of washed-out roads, high winds, and broken equipment. C. The rescue effort was hindered because the roads were washed out, the winds were high, and broken equipment.11A. After emptying his locker, searching his room, and having called all of essay, his friends, Jerry knew he had lost his history book. B. After emptying his locker and sensation term papers, having searched his room and called all of his friends, Jerry knew he had lost his history book. C. After emptying his locker, searching his room, and calling all of his friends, Jerry knew he had lost his history book.12A. The soccer coach taught Evan how to control the ball, dribbling downfield, and shooting from the corner.

B. The soccer coach taught Evan how to control the nurse essay juliet, ball, dribble downfield, and shoot from the corner. C. The soccer coach taught Evan controlling the ball, dribbling downfield, and to shoot from the corner.DIRECTIONS: For the underlined sentence(s), choose the option that expressesthe meaning with the most fluency and the clearest logic within the context. If theunderlined sentence(s) should not be changed, choose option A, which shows nochange.13. Animals in the wild sometimes learn to avoid each other. For example, coyotes compete with foxes for food, and the two do not usually share the same range. A. For example, coyotes compete with foxes for food, and the two do not usually share the dissertations, same range. Romeo Juliet. B. For example, coyotes compete with foxes for food, yet the two do not usually share the same range. C. For example, because coyotes compete with foxes for food, the two do not usually share the same range. Thesis Internet. D. For example, coyotes compete with foxes for food since the nurse essay, two do not usually share the tefl, same range.46 PART THREE.

PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) 14. Nurse Essay Juliet. Daniel started a lawn service because he was good at dissertations making plants grow. However, he sometimes had to use strong chemicals, but he developed a skin allergy. A. However, he sometimes had to use strong chemicals, but he developed a skin allergy. B. Although he sometimes had to use strong chemicals, he developed a skin allergy. C. However, because he sometimes had to use strong chemicals, he developed a skin allergy. D. Nurse Juliet. However, he sometimes had to use strong chemicals because he developed a skin allergy.15. Darlene, who was from New York, spent Christmas in Florida with her relatives. She expected the warm weather, so she was surprised that the trees were shedding, so people were raking leaves instead of shoveling snow.

A. She expected the warm weather, so she was surprised that the education dissertations, trees were shedding, so people were raking leaves instead of shoveling snow. B. She expected the warm weather, and juliet, she was surprised that the trees were shedding, but people were raking leaves instead of shoveling snow. C. Although she expected the warm weather, she was surprised that the trees were shedding, yet people were raking leaves instead of shoveling snow. D. Conservation. Although she expected the warm weather, she was surprised that the trees were shedding and that people were raking leaves instead of shoveling snow.DIRECTIONS: Choose the sentence that logically and correctly expresses the nurse essay romeo, com-parison.16A. Education. This new computer has much more memory and costs less. B. This new computer has much more memory than our current one, and it costs less than any of the others we’ve seen. C. This new computer has much more memory than our current one, and it costs less.17A. After playing tennis and racquetball with Susan, Peter knew that he liked playing sports more than Susan. Nurse Romeo. B. After playing tennis and racquetball with Susan, Peter knew that he liked playing sports more.

C. After playing tennis and racquetball with Susan, Peter knew that he liked playing sports more than Susan did.PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST A 47. 18A. Essays Concept. Sally was as excited as, if not more excited than, any male who had ever been accepted to officer candidate school. B. Sally was excited as, if not more excited than, any male who had ever been accepted to nurse essay juliet, officer candidate school.

C. Sally was as excited, if not more excited than, any male who had ever been accepted to officer candidate school.DIRECTIONS: The passage below contains several errors. Read the passage. Thenanswer each test item by course essays choosing the option that corrects an error in the underlinedportion(s). Refer to the passage as necessary. No more than one underlined error willappear in each item.

If no error exists, choose “No change is necessary.” Passage I After spending thirty years of my life on a tobacco farm. Nurse. I cannot understand whypeople smoke. The whole process of thesis, raising tobacco involve deadly chemicals. Beforethe tobacco seed is romeo juliet, ever planted the ground is treated for mold and chemically fertilized.Once the seed is planted and begins to grow well, the bed was treated with weed killer.The plant is then transfered to the field. After about two months, the tobacco is sprayedwith poison to kill worms, as the dating, harvest approaches, it is sprayed once more with achemical that retards the nurse romeo juliet, growth of suckers. When the tobacco is research stock, harvested, it ishanged in a barn to nurse juliet, dry. These barns are havens for birds, which defecate all over theleaves. After drying, these leaves are divided by color, however no feces are removed.The leaves are placed in piles for auction. It is essays characteristics self, then sold to the tobacco companies. Thetobacco companies job is to crush the leaves, roll them into cigarettes, and then putthe cigarettes on nurse romeo the market in pretty packages. Dissertations. These companies cannot remove whatis in the leaf and on the leaf.

Young people should remember that the nurse romeo juliet, next time themarlboro man entices them to light up.19. After spending thirty years of my life on a tobacco farm. I cannot understand why people smoke. A. farm, I B. farm; I C. farm I D. No change is self, necessary.20. The whole process of raising tobacco involve deadly chemicals.AB CA. holeB. Nurse Romeo. proccessC. involvesD. No change is necessary.48 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006)

21. Vouchers Dissertations. Before the tobacco seed is ever planted the essay, ground is conservation essay, treated for mold and romeo juliet, AB Cchemically fertilized.A. planted, theB. wasC mold, andD. No change is necessary.22. Once the seed is planted and begins to grow well, the bed was treated with weed A BCkiller.A. beginB. goodC. isD. No change is necessary.23. The plant is then transfered to the field. A. Research. transffered B. transferred C. transfer D. No change is necessary.24.

After about two months, the tobacco is sprayed with poison to kill worms, asthe harvest approaches, it is sprayed once more with a chemical that retardsthe growth of suckers.A. worms asB. worms and, asC. worms. AsD. No change is romeo juliet, necessary.25. Research Paper Stock Prices. When the tobacco is harvested, it is hanged in nurse essay, a barn to dry. These barns are AB Chavens for birds, which defecate all over the leaves.A. harvested. ItB. hungC. dry, theseD. No change is necessary.PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST.

MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST A 49. 26. Self. After drying, these leaves are divided by color, however no feces are removed. A. color, however, B. color, however; C. color; however, D. No change is necessary.27. Essay Romeo. These leaves are placed in piles for thesis dating, auction. It is then sold to the tobacco A B Ccompanies.A. leaves’B. were placedC. The piles areD.

No change is romeo juliet, necessary.28. The tobacco companies job is to crush the leaves, roll them into cigarettes, andthen put the cigarettes on the market in pretty packages.A. companies’B. companysC. Conservation Of Trees. companys’D. No change is necessary.29. These companies cannot remove what is in nurse romeo juliet, the leaf and on the leaf. Young Apeople should remember that the next time the marlboro man entices them to Blight up.CA. Vouchers Dissertations. areB.

MarlboroC. lightingD. No change is necessary.DIRECTIONS: The passage below contains several errors. Nurse Romeo. Read the passage. Dissertations. Thenanswer each test item by choosing the romeo, option that corrects an research paper stock prices, error in the underlinedportion(s). Refer to the passage as necessary.

No more than one underlined error willappear in each item. If no error exists, choose “No change is necessary.”50 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) Passage II In his poem The Problem, Ralph Waldo Emerson calls the Parthenon the “best gem”of the earth. Although only ruins of the building remain today, it’s architectural formstill serves as a tribute to ancient Greece.

The Parthenon stands on a hill called theAcropolis overlooking the city of Athens, this magnificent temple is dedicated to thegoddess Athena. The Parthenon is romeo juliet, a rectangular building that has a central enclosed space, calleda cella, which is divided into two rooms. One room held a large statue of Athena, andthe other room is used as a treasury. The building is made of gleaming white marble;a colonnade, build of forty-six columns, surrounds the cella. Bright painted sculptureonce decorated the Parthenon. This application of color was a practice original to tefl, theGreeks. Nurse Romeo. For example, the moldings painted with colors such as blue and red. The pediments, the triangular ends of the roof, were devoted to seens aboutAthena: the east depicted her birth and the west her battle with Poseidon. Above thecolumns of the paper, Parthenon were a series of sculptured panels that showed famousmythological battles as well as scenes from the nurse romeo, Trojan War. The Parthenon’s columns are an especially skillful example of Greek architecture.For example, the columns are not too thick, the space between it creates a rhythm, andthey lean inward to counter the downward pressure of the sensation paper, roof.30. In his poem The Problem, Ralph Waldo Emerson calls the Parthenon the “bestgem” of the earth.A.

The ProblemB. “The Problem,”C. “The Problem,”D. No change is necessary.31. Although only ruins of the building remain today, its architectural form still Aserves as a tribute to ancient Greece and to the importance of Athena, for who Bthe Parthenon was built.A. it’s CB. whomC. is builtD. Nurse Juliet. No change is necessary.32. The Parthenon stands on a hill called the Acropolis overlooking the city ofAthens, this magnificent temple is dedicated to the goddess Athena.A. Athens. Vouchers. ThisB.

Athens thisC. athens, thisD. No change is necessary.PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST A 51. 33. The Parthenon is a rectangular building that has a central enclosed space,called a cella, which is divided into two rooms.A. space; called a cella,B. space, called a cellaC. Essay Romeo Juliet. space, called a cella;D. No change is necessary.34. One room held a large statue of Athena, and the other room is used as atreasury.A. has been usedB. being usedC. Paper. was usedD.

No change is necessary.35. Essay. The building is made of gleaming white marble; a colonnade, build of forty-six A Bcolumns, surrounds the cella.CA. gleemingB. Research Paper Prices. builtC. columns surroundsD. No change is essay juliet, necessary.36. Bright painted sculpture once decorated the Parthenon. A BC A. Brightly B. Essays. Sculpture C. decorates D. No change is essay romeo juliet, necessary.37. The application of color was a practice original to the Greeks.

For example, the A moldings painted with colors such as blue and red. BC A. originally B. were painted C. Conservation. such as, blue D. No change is necessary.52 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) 38. The pediments, the triangular ends of the roof, were devoted to seens about A Athena: the east depicted her birth and the west her battle with Poseidon.

BC A. scenes B. Athena, the C. their D. No change is necessary.39. Above the columns of the Parthenon were a series of sculptured panels that showed famous mythological battles as well as scenes from the Trojan War. A. Romeo Juliet. are B. have been C. was D. No change is necessary.40. The Parthenon’s columns are an especially skillful example of Greek architec- A ture. For example, the columns are not too thick, the space between it creates B a rhythm, and they lean inward to counter the downward pressure of the roof. C A. a special B. them C. it leans D. No change is vouchers dissertations, necessaryPREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST A 53. ANSWER SHEETSample English Language Skills Test A ABC ABCD 1. ? ? ? 21. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 2. ? ? ? 22. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 3. Nurse Romeo Juliet. ? ? ? 23. Research Paper Stock Prices. ? ? ? ? A BCDE ABCD 4. ? ? ? ? ? 24. Juliet. ? ? ? ? A BCDE ABCD 5. ? ? ? ? ? 25. ? ? ? ? A BCDE ABCD 6. ? ? ? ? ? 26. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 7. ? ? ? 27. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 8. ? ? ? 28. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 9. ? ? ? 29. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD10. ? ? ? 30. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD11. ? ? ? 31. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD12. ? ? ? 32. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD13. ? ? ? ? 33. Course. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD14. ? ? ? ? 34. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD15. ? ? ? ? 35. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD16. ? ? ? 36. Nurse Essay Juliet. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD17. ? ? ? 37. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD18. ? ? ? 38. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD19. ? ? ? ? 39. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD20. Conservation Of Trees. ? ? ? ? 40. ? ? ? ?54 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006)

ANSWER KEY Sample English Language Skills Subtest AITEM NUMBER SKILL TESTED SECTION IN THE BEDFORD HANDBOOK 1. B 2. A denotation/connotation 18a 3. C denotation/connotation 18a 4. B denotation/connotation 18a 5. D wordiness 16a 6. D wordiness 16a 7. B wordiness 16a 8. A modifiers 12e 9. C modifiers 12e10. B modifiers 12c, 12e11. C parallelism12. B parallelism 9a13. Essay Juliet. C parallelism 9a14. C coordination/subordination 9a15. Research Paper Stock Prices. D coordination/subordination 1416.

B coordination/subordination 1417. C logical comparisons 1418. A logical comparisons 10c19. A logical comparisons 10c20. C fragments 10c21. A subject-verb agreement 19a22. C commas 21b23. Romeo Juliet. B shifts in tense 32b24. C spelling 13b25. B comma splices 43c26. C standard verb forms 20c27.

C semicolons 27a, Glossary28. Education Vouchers. A pronoun-antecedent agreement 34b29. B apostrophes 22a30. Nurse. B capitalization 36a31. B quotation marks 45a32. A who/whom 37d33. Term. D comma splices 25a34. C commas 20c35. B shifts in tense 32e36. A standard verb forms 13b37. B adjectives/adverbs 27a38.

A fragments 26a39. C spelling 19c40. B subject-verb agreement 43b pronoun-antecedent agreement 21b; 21g 22aPREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) ANSWER KEY — TEST A 55. Corrected Passage I After spending thirty years of my life on a tobacco farm, I cannot understand whypeople smoke. The whole process of raising tobacco involves deadly chemicals. Beforethe tobacco seed is nurse essay juliet, ever planted, the ground is treated for mold and chemicallyfertilized. Once the seed is finally planted and begins to research paper stock, grow, the juliet, bed is of trees essay, treated withweed killer. The plant is then transferred to the field. Nurse Essay. After about education dissertations two months, thetobacco is essay juliet, sprayed with poison to kill worms. As the harvest approaches, it is sprayedonce more with a chemical that retards the growth of suckers.

When the essays self, tobacco isharvested, it is nurse essay, hung in a barn to dry. These barns are havens for birds, which defecateall over the leaves. And Perception Term Papers. After drying, these leaves are divided by color; however, no fecesare removed. The leaves are placed in piles for nurse juliet, auction. And Perception Papers. The piles are then sold to thetobacco companies. The tobacco companies’ job is to crush the leaves, roll them intocigarettes, and then put the cigarettes on the market in pretty packages. Thesecompanies cannot remove what is in the leaf and on the leaf. Young people shouldremember that the romeo juliet, next time the Marlboro man entices them to light up. Corrected Passage II In his poem “The Problem,” Ralph Waldo Emerson calls the essays characteristics concept, Parthenon the “bestgem” of the earth. Although only ruins of the building remain today, its architecturalform still serves as a tribute to ancient Greece. The Parthenon stands on a hill calledthe Acropolis overlooking the city of Athens.

This magnificent temple is dedicated tothe goddess Athena. The Parthenon is a rectangular building that has a central enclosed space, calleda cella, which is divided into two rooms. One room held a large statue of Athena, andthe other room was used as a treasury. The building is nurse romeo, made of gleaming white marble;a colonnade, built of forty-six columns, surrounds the education vouchers dissertations, cella. Nurse Essay Romeo Juliet. Brightly paintedsculpture once decorated the Parthenon. This application of color was a practiceoriginal to the Greeks. For example, the moldings were painted with colors such as blueand red. The pediments, the triangular ends of the roof, were devoted to scenes aboutAthena: the east depicted her birth and conservation of trees, the west her battle with Poseidon.

Above thecolumns of the Parthenon was a series of sculptured panels that showed famousmythological battles as well as scenes from the Trojan War. The Parthenon’s columns are an especially skillful example of Greek architecture.For example, the columns are not too thick, the space between them creates a rhythm,and they lean inward to counter the downward pressure of the roof.56 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST BDIRECTIONS: Choose the most effective word or phrase within the nurse juliet, context sug-gested by the sentence(s). 1. The first time Sarah tried to ski, she never left the beginner’s slope, but her instructor ____________ her that she would be on the advanced slopes by the end of the week. A. assured B. Essays Characteristics Concept. insured C. ensured 2. Every year those who survived the hurricane participated in a brief ceremony as a ____________ to those who had died.

A. trophy B. Nurse Essay Juliet. memorial C. souvenir 3. The ____________ of the baking turkey filled the house on Thanksgiving. A. scent B. stench C. aromaDIRECTIONS: Choose the underlined word or phrase that is unnecessary withinthe context of the passage.4. My brother, who wants to sensation term papers, be an engineer, is also interested in the field of ABcomputers. However, because his first love is distance running, he hopes to CDfind a college that will give him a scholarship to run while he studies computer Eengineering.A. alsoB. the field ofC. However,D. distanceE. to runPREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. Nurse. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS — TEST B 57. 5. Amy wanted to write a biography of the life of Robert Frost. She first read one of AB his poems in middle school; when she was in high school, she read everythingFrost wrote; by the time she graduated from college, she had visited his home Cin New England and had decided to continue to and perception paper term, study Frost in graduate school. DEA. of the lifeB. firstC. Frost wroteD. in New EnglandE. to continue6.

I often wonder if I will ever see the final completion of the widening of Main AStreet. Every day this month as I drove down Main Street to work, I saw several BCroad crew workers standing beside the road or sitting in their trucks. However, D EI never saw anyone working on essay the road.A. finalB. Papers. this monthC. to workD. road crewE. However,DIRECTONS: Choose the nurse, sentence that expresses the thought most clearly andeffectively and that has no errors in structure.7A. To save energy for an oportune embrace in the dark, Miss Piggy flung herself at Kermit after turning out the lights. B. Conservation. After turning out the lights, Miss Piggy flung herself at Kermit to save energy for an opportune embrace in essay romeo juliet, the dark.

C. After turning out the essays characteristics self, lights to save energy, Miss Piggy flung herself at Kermit for an opportune embrace in the dark.8A. Miss Piggy later found her umbrella hanging from the romeo juliet, light fixture. B. Hanging from the essays, light fixture, Miss Piggy later found her umbrella. C. Essay Juliet. Miss Piggy, hanging from the light fixture, later found her umbrella.58 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) 9A. By demanding recyclable packaging, along with quality merchandise, a clear message can be sent to essays, manufacturers. B. When consumers demand recyclable packaging along with quality merchandise, they send a clear message to manufacturers. C. When consumers demand recyclable packaging, they can send a clear message to manufacturers, along with quality merchandise.10A. Juliet. Providing your own reusable shopping bags and buying eggs in cartons made from conservation of trees essay, recycled newsprint can help reduce solid waste in landfills.

B. You can help reduce solid waste in landfills by buying eggs in cartons made from nurse romeo juliet, recycled newsprint and also provide your own reusable shopping bags. C. By buying eggs in cartons made from recycled newsprint and if you provide your own shopping bags, you can help reduce solid waste in landfills.11A. Dissertations. Researchers wonder what makes dreams so bizarre, so vivid, and essay romeo, why people have such a hard time remembering them. B. Course. Researchers wonder why dreams are so bizarre, so vivid, and so hard to nurse romeo, remember. C. Researchers wonder why dreams are so bizarre and vivid and want to know what makes them so hard to remember.12A.

Comets have terrified people for centuries because they don’t appear very often, they look like big flames falling from the sky, and conservation, they are mistakenly associated with natural disasters on earth. Essay. B. Comets have terrified people for centuries because of conservation essay, their rare appearance, they look like big flames falling from the sky, and their association with natural disasters on earth. C. Comets have terrified people for centuries because of their rare appearance, their looks, which are like big flames falling from the sky, and they are mistakenly associated with natural disasters.DIRECTIONS: For the underlined sentence(s), choose the option that expressesthe meaning with the most fluency and the clearest logic within the romeo, context. If theunderlined sentence(s) should not be changed, choose option A, which shows nochange.PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST B 59. 13. About Internet. Although Barbara disliked having to nurse essay juliet, buy a car, her friends said she found a good buy.

In fact, although the car she bought had been driven 50,000 miles, it looked new and ran perfectly. A. In fact, although the car she bought had been driven 50,000 miles, it looked new and ran perfectly. B. In fact, because the car she bought had been driven 50,000 miles, it looked new and ran perfectly. C. In fact, the car she bought had been driven 50,000 miles, and it looked new and ran perfectly. D. In fact, the car she bought looked new and course essays, ran perfectly because it had been driven 50,000 miles.14.

George had a terrible experience at the airport last Christmas. His first flight was late, but when he changed planes, his luggage was lost, but he had to romeo, spend his entire vacation in one outfit. A. His first flight was late, but when he changed planes, his luggage was lost, but he had to spend his entire vacation in one outfit. B. His first flight was late, and when he changed planes his luggage was lost, so he had to spend his entire vacation in one outfit. Stock Prices. C. His first flight was late, because when he changed planes his luggage was lost even though he had to spend his entire vacation in one outfit. D. Nurse Juliet. His first flight was late, so when he changed planes his luggage was lost; nevertheless, he had to tefl, spend his entire vacation in one outfit.15. My cousin, a first-semester freshman, arrived late at registration. Because he stood in line for essay juliet, hours, he discovered that the class he wanted was closed, so the only class left was at 8:00 A.M.

A. Because he stood in line for hours, he discovered that the class he wanted was closed, so the only class left was at 8:00 A.M. B. Dissertations. After standing in line for hours, he discovered that the class he wanted was closed, and the only class left was at 8:00 A.M. C. Nurse Juliet. He stood in line for tefl course, hours, and he discovered that the class he wanted was closed, and the only class left was at 8:00 A.M. D. After standing in nurse juliet, line for hours, he discovered that the class he wanted was closed, since the only class left was at 8:00 A.M.60 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) DIRECTIONS: Choose the sentence that logically and course essays, correctly expresses thecomparison.16A. When it came to the long jump, Kathy jumped as far, if not farther than, Jill. B. When it came to the long jump, Kathy jumped far as, if not farther than, Jill. C. When it came to the long jump, Kathy jumped as far as, if not farther than, Jill.17A.

Justin’s handwriting is essay romeo juliet, easier to education dissertations, read than Robin. B. Essay Romeo. Justin’s handwriting is thesis, easier to read than Robin’s. C. Justin’s handwriting is juliet, easier to read than Robin is.18A. Both Jeff and Mike ran well, but Jeff’s stride was smoother than Mike’s. Stock. B. Both Jeff and Mike ran well, but Jeff’s stride was smoother than Mike. C. Both Jeff and Mike ran well, but Jeff’s stride was smoother.DIRECTIONS: The passage below contains several errors. Read the essay romeo, passage. Thenanswer each test item by choosing the essays characteristics concept, option that corrects an error in the underlinedportion(s).

Refer to the passage as necessary. No more than one underlined error willappear in nurse, each item. And Perception Term Papers. If no error exists, choose “No change is nurse, necessary.” Passage III In 1718, the mission San Antonio de Valero was established by Padre Olivares, aSpanish missionary. In later years it became known as the Alamo the Spanish namefor the cottonwood trees around the mission. In the winter of 1835, Texans broke tieswith the Mexican goverment. Research Paper Stock. In an effort to crush this independent move, AntonioLopez de Santa Anna, a Mexican General, attacked San Antonio in late February of1836. Santa Anna, with an army of about 5,000 men, forces Lieutenant ColonelWilliam Barret Travis and his 150 troops into the Alamo. Travis sent a message asking for help, “saying, I shall never surrender or retreat,”but help never came. The Alamo and its small army was first attacked on February 23,1836. By March 5, the Alamo’s troops couldn’t return fire because they were low onammunition. Early the next morning, the Mexican forces begun climbing the walls;they fought through the last defenders and claimed victory.

Near the end the Texansused its rifles as clubs in a hopeless last stand. All the men defending the Alamo werekilled. Including Davy Crockett and James Bowie. The battle wasn’t fought in vain, however, this heroic fight gave General SamHouston enough time to romeo juliet, rally the forces he needed to course, defeat the Mexicans. “Rememberthe Alamo” became a popular battle cry.PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. Nurse Romeo. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST B 61. 19.

In 1718, the mission San Antonio de Valero was established by Padre Olivares, a ASpanish missionary. Tefl Course Essays. In later years it became known as the Alamo the Spanish Bname for the cottonwood trees around the mission. CA. Olivares aB. Alamo, theC. trees, aroundD.

No change is necessary.20. In the winter of 1835, Texans broke ties with the Mexican goverment.AB CA. WinterB. breakC. governmentD. No change is necessary.21. In an effort to essay romeo, crush this independent move, Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna,a Mexican General, attacked San Antonio in education dissertations, late February of 1836.A. Mexican generalB. mexican GeneralC. Nurse Essay. mexican generalD. No change is necessary.22. Santa Anna, with an thesis dating, army of about 5,000 men, forces Lieutenant ColonelWilliam Barret Travis and his 150 troops into the Alamo.A. Essay. forceB. forcedC. Sensation Paper Term. has forcedD. No change is necessary.23.

Travis sent a message asking for help, “saying, I shall never surrender or Aretreat,” but help never came.BCA. saying, “IB. but,C. Essay. comesD. No change is necessary.62 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) 24.

The Alamo and paper term papers, its small army was first attacked on February 23, 1836. A. is B. are C. were D. Romeo Juliet. No change is necessary.25. By March 5, the Alamo’s troops couldn’t return fire because they were low on A B Cammunition.A. Alamos’B. could’ntC. they’reD. No change is necessary.26. Early the conservation essay, next morning, the Mexican forces begun climbing the walls; they A Bfought through the last defenders and claimed victory.CA. Nurse Juliet. beganB. walls, theyC. thoughD. No change is necessary.27.

Near the end the Texans used its rifles as clubs in a hopeless last stand. Essay. A. there B. it’s C. their D. No change is romeo juliet, necessary.28. All the men defending the Alamo were killed. Including Davy Crockett andJames Bowie.A. killed; includingB. killed, includingC. killed. This includingD. No change is necessary.PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST B 63. 29. The battle wasn’t fought in vain, however, this heroic fight gave General A Sam Houston enough time to rally the tefl course essays, forces he needed to defeat the nurse essay, B Mexicans. “Remember the Alamo” became a popular battle cry.

C A. And Perception Term. however. This B. they C. Mexicans, “Remember D. No change is necessary.DIRECTIONS: The passage below contains several errors. Read the passage. Thenanswer each test item by choosing the option that corrects an error in the underlinedportion(s). Nurse Essay. Refer to the passage as necessary. No more than one underlined error willappear in each item. If no error exists, choose “No change is necessary.” Passage IV Not too long ago, a man, whom I knew was trying to meet my friend, walked up toher and essays, asked, “What is nurse, your sign?” He is asking, of course, about her astrological signof the zodiac. This general interest in astrology is essay, reflected in the daily horoscopespublished in newspapers across the country.

Although most people claim they don’tbelieve that the stars affect their lives. The zodiac probably originated in ancient Egypt it was then adopted by theBabylonians. Nurse Juliet. Working slow to develop their system, astrologers connected seasonalchanges and constellations. Sensation Papers. The Greeks and Romans also use to practice astrology. Essay Romeo Juliet. To develop a person’s horoscope, an astrologer considers four elements: the and perception papers, earth,the planets, the nurse essay romeo, zodiac, and the houses. An astrological chart, showing the planets inrelation to the earth and essays self, stars at a person’s birth, reveal the person’s character andfuture. For example, a person born under the sign of Gemini, the juliet, twins might have twosets of interests.

Of course, most people belief astrology is simply a superstition.Others defend astrological principles by pointing out that, in tefl essays, many cases, it works.After all, my friend is essay romeo, now engaged to the man who asked her about her sign.30. Not too long ago, a man, whom I knew was trying to meet my friend, walked AB up to her and asked, “What is your sign?” C A. to B. who C. ask D. Course. No change is necessary.64 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) 31. He is asking, of course, about her astrological sign of the zodiac.

A. asks, B. is asking C. was asking, D. Nurse Essay. No change is necessary.32. This general interest in astrology is reflected in the daily horoscopes published A in newspapers across the country. Paper Papers. Although most people claim they don’t B believe that the stars affect their lives. C A. publish B. country, although C. effect D. No change is necessary.33. The zodiac probably originated in ancient Egypt it was then adopted by theBabylonians.A. Nurse Essay Romeo Juliet. Egypt, itB. Egypt; itC. Research Paper. Egypt; although itD. No change is necessary.34. Working slow to develop their system, astrologers connected seasonal changes A B Cand constellations.A. slowlyB. thereC. astrologers’D. No change is necessary.35.

The Greeks and juliet, Romans also use to practice astrology. A BC A. greeks and romans B. also, C. used to D. Research Stock Prices. No change is necessary.PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) SAMPLE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS TEST B 65. 36. Nurse Romeo Juliet. To develop a person’s horoscope, an tefl course, astrologer considers four elements: the earth, the planets, the zodiac, and the houses.

A. Nurse Essay. elements, the B. elements; the C. elements. The D. No change is necessary.37. An astrological chart, showing the planets in relation to the earth and stars at A a person’s birth, reveal the person’s character and of trees essay, future. BC A. which show B. birth C. reveals D. No change is necessary.38. For example, a person born under the romeo juliet, sign of Gemini, the twins might have two sets of interests. A. Gemini, the twins, B. Education. Gemini the twins, C. Gemini the twins; D. No change is necessary.39. Of course, most people belief astrology is simply a superstition. A. beliefs B. beleive C. believe D. No change is necessary.40. Others defend astrological principles by pointing out that, in romeo, many cases, it works. After all, my friend is now engaged to the man who asked her about paper stock prices A BC her sign.

A. Nurse Essay Romeo Juliet. it works B. whom C. ask D. No change is necessary.66 PART THREE. About Dating. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) ANSWER SHEETSample English Language Skills Test B ABC ABCD 1. ? ? ? 21. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 2. ? ? ? 22. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 3. ? ? ? 23. ? ? ? ? A BCDE ABCD 4. ? ? ? ? ? 24. ? ? ? ? A BCDE ABCD 5. ? ? ? ? ? 25. Nurse Essay. ? ? ? ? A BCDE ABCD 6. ? ? ? ? ? 26. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 7. ? ? ? 27. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 8. Essays Characteristics. ? ? ? 28. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD 9. Nurse. ? ? ? 29. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD10. ? ? ? 30. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD11. ? ? ? 31. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD12. ? ? ? 32. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD13. ? ? ? ? 33. Thesis About. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD14. ? ? ? ? 34. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD15. ? ? ? ? 35. Juliet. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD16. ? ? ? 36. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD17. ? ? ? 37. ? ? ? ? ABC ABCD18. ? ? ? 38. Research Prices. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD19. ? ? ? ? 39. Nurse Essay Romeo. ? ? ? ? ABCD ABCD20. ? ? ? ? 40. ? ? ? ?PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. MARTIN'S, 2006) ANSWER KEY — SUBTEST B 67. ANSWER KEY Sample English Language Skills Subtest BITEM NUMBER SKILL TESTED SECTION IN THE BEDFORD HANDBOOK 1. A 2. B denotation/connotation 18a 3. C denotation/connotation 18a 4. B denotation/connotation 18a 5. A wordiness 16a 6. A wordiness 16a 7. C wordiness 16a 8. A modifiers 12c 9. B modifiers 12b, 12e10. A modifiers 12c, 12e11. B parallelism12. A parallelism 9b13. A parallelism 9a14. B subordination/coordination 9a15.

B subordination/coordination 1416. C subordination/coordination 1417. B logical comparisons 1418. A logical comparisons 10c19. B logical comparisons 10c20. C commas 10c21. A spelling 32e22. B capitalization 43d23. A shifts in tense 45b24.

C quotation marks 13b25. D subject-verb agreement 37a26. A apostrophes 21c27. C standard verb forms 36a, 36c28. B pronoun-antecedent agreement 27a29. Vouchers Dissertations. A fragments 22a30. B comma splices 19b31. Nurse Romeo. C who/whom 20c32. B shifts in tense 25a33.

B fragments 13b34. A fused sentences 19a35. Conservation. C adjectives/adverbs 20b36. D standard verb forms 26a37. C colons 27d, Glossary38. A subject-verb agreement 35a39. C commas 21b40.

A spelling 32e pronoun-antecedent agreement 43d 22a68 PART THREE. PRACTICE WITH CLAST-TYPE TESTS PREPARING FOR THE CLAST (BEDFORD/ST. Romeo. MARTIN'S, 2006)

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Explore Shakespeare s presentation of the Nurse in Romeo and Juliet

music extended essay These subject guidelines should be read in conjunction with the romeo juliet, Assessment Criteria. An extended essay in tefl essays, music provides students with an juliet, opportunity to undertake in-depth research into about internet dating a topic of genuine interest to them. The student is essay romeo encouraged to sensation, develop and explore, in a disciplined and imaginative way, a research question appropriate to the subject. The outcome of the research should be a coherent and structured piece of writing that effectively addresses a particular issue or research question and arrives at a particular, and preferably personal, conclusion. Real music should be at romeo the heart of an extended essay in music.

This means that particular pieces of music, experienced via recordings, live performances or concerts, should be chosen as the core focus of the education, extended essay. Students should strive for a coherent verbal analysis and interpretation of one ormore pieces of music in relation to the chosen research question. Absolute reliance on romeo, textbooks and the Internet is discouraged and no extended essay in music should be based exclusively on self, such sources. Textbooks should be consulted only insofar as they may stimulate original ideas, provide models of disciplined, structured and informed approaches, and encourage direct and personal involvement with the essay topic. the nurse romeo, essay topic. Choice of topic. The chosen topic may be inspired by one or several of the areas of interest listed here. Tefl Course Essays? (Please note, this is not an nurse essay romeo juliet, exhaustive list, but is intended for guidance only). Aspects of the Diploma Programme music course (for Diploma Programme music students) Local performances or concerts Musical cultures that students have encountered that are not their own Personal contact with composers and/or performers Direct involvement in actually making music Recordings Music on course, the Internet, or downloaded from it Other music that has a particular interest, emotional appeal or other importance for the student. It is strongly recommended that students are encouraged to essay, be as much involved as possible in activities such as those listed previously during the writing process, if they are relevant to the chosen topic. However, it is recognized that students who choose an extended essay in music may not be studying the Diploma Programme music course. It is essential that the characteristics self, topic chosen is distinctively musical. It is quite acceptable, for example, for a student to explore a topical question relating to popular music, jazz or blues, but the primary focus of the essay must be more concerned with the essay, music itself than with the lives of the performers, the nature of the instruments used or the lyrics.

Supervisors should, therefore, strongly discourage students who are primarily interested in analysing text or lyrics, particularly of pop songs, from submitting extended essays in dissertations, music. The topic chosen should provide opportunities for extensive critical analysis of musical source material. Topics that are entirely dependent on summarizing general secondary sources (such as textbooks and nurse juliet, encyclopedias), and topics likely to lead to an essay that is essentially narrative or descriptive in nature, should be avoided. Restricting the scope of the vouchers, essay will help to ensure a clear focus, and will also provide opportunities for demonstrating detailed musical understanding and critical analysis. To achieve this goal, it is essential that the research question chosen can be effectively answered. Essay Romeo? Titles along the lines of Clara Schumann, for example, do not give much scope for effective analysis or argumentthey are more likely to course essays, produce an account of essay romeo juliet her life and music. Topics such as Computers and music should be treated from tefl course essays, both musical and critical perspectives, and should concentrate on musical, rather than technological, aspects. Redundant research questions such as the comparison of a play to juliet, an opera of the same title (which inevitably means that only paper half the essay is focused on music itself) should be avoided. The following examples of topics for music extended essays are intended as guidance only. The pairings illustrate that focused topics (indicated by the first title) should be encouraged rather than broad topics (indicated by the second title). The use of contrapuntal techniques in essay romeo, Bach's Art of Fugue is better than Bach's Fugues.

Harmonic innovation in the bebop style of and perception term papers Dizzy Gillespie is better than The music of Dizzy Gillespie. The role of minimalist techniques in Balinese gamelan is better than Balinese gamelan. 'The influence of jazz in essay, Gershwin's Porgy and Bess is better than Gershwin's Porgy and conservation, Bess. Moreover, it may help if the student further defines the topic chosen for juliet, study in the form of a research question, followed by essays characteristics self, a statement of essay intent that indicates which broad process is going to thesis about internet, be used in answering the question.ln this way, the nurse essay romeo juliet, approach to the topic chosen may be even further clarified. Some examples of this could be as follows. Title Edgard Varese and Frank Zappa. Research questions What is the influence of Edgard Varése on the musical output of research stock Frank Zappa?

Approach An investigation into the stylistic similarities between these two composers. Title Jesus Christ Superstar and opera. Research question Is Jesus Christ Superstar a modern classical opera? Approach An investigation into Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical language and nurse juliet, structures in this work, with reference to other relevant music from operas of the Western classical tradition. Title The naming of Mozart's music. Research question What evidence is there to support the title of Mozart's divertimento Ein Musikalischer Spass (A Musical Joke) K. 522 (1787)? Approach An investigation into Mozart's compositional techniques in this work. However, it is important to bear in mind that, in essays concept, the subject of music, a research question is sometimes not an accurate description of the task.

Therefore, students should not force aesthetic or sociocultural issues into a question format when the essay juliet, articulation of a clear and essays characteristics self concept, probing inquiry into an idea is more appropriate. Examples of this could be as follows. Title Emotional tension in traditional music. Research question Emotional tension and its significance in essay juliet, Japanese music. Approach An investigation into the mechanisms used in traditional Japanese music to create emotional tension, with reference to paper stock, comparable examples in Western music. Note that this approach is nurse essay looking for a commonality of expressive device between two cultures, allowing for a probing inquiry through comparison. A small number of real but well-chosen musical examples would be appropriate here. Title Musical continuity in Frederick Chopin's 24 piano Preludes Op.

28. Research question An investigation into the presence and musical significance of and perception paper papers a recurrent motif found throughout Frederick Chopin's 24 piano Preludes. Op. 28. Approach A study of appropriate preludes that demonstrate this feature, through the use of juliet formulaic notation and comparative analysis. Note that this approach, while still using comparative analysis, is more focused on the musical mechanics of a series of works by the same composer, allowing for research paper stock, an in-depth study within the nurse essay romeo, word limit. In this case, the student would only be able to study five or six preludes, given the sensation papers, parameters of an extended essay. Title The music of Hildegard of Bingenan explanation of its appeal and justification of its popularity. Research question An investigation into nurse essay romeo the reasons for the popularity of the music of Hildegard of Bingen today. Approach A study of Hildegard of Bingen's musical style in tefl course essays, comparison with other sacred music from her time, through analysis and comparison of musical examples, with particular reference to nurse essay, the aesthetic theory of musical expectation and inhibition.

This approach has its dangers, in the sense that it can be easy to make a supposition in a research question, without any evidence, and then try to prove the statement by subjective and essays characteristics self concept, superficial comment and analysis. However, at its best, this approach can allow investigation into other important areas of musical study and theory, while remaining focused on music itself. Treatment of the topic. It should be noted that the Diploma Programme music course includes components that require performance and/or composition as well as a musical investigation. An extended essay in music has a different purpose, in that the focus should be clearly on a verbal response to a research question. In order to promote personal involvement in the extended essay, the use of primary sources that are locally available should be encouraged wherever possible.

However, it is appreciated that, in certain situations, students may not necessarily have access to primary musical sources. In such situations, in order not to restrict the topics that can be investigated, recordings of a high quality are considered acceptable sources. It is important that the nurse, topic and research question reflect a firm emphasis on music, and that they do not become directed towards another subject area. Appropriate resources for music include books, textbooks, the Internet, scores, interviews, recordings, and live performances or concerts of the music being studied. Essays? The inclusion of appropriate reference material, such as music notation, audio tapes or other musical examples, with music extended essays is encouraged as long as the material is directly supportive of, and relevant to, the argument/evaluation. Students are expected to evaluate critically the nurse essay romeo juliet, resources consulted during the process of writing the essay by asking themselves the conservation essay, following questions. Which sources are vital to the support of my ideas, opinions and assertions? Which sources do not contribute to nurse essay juliet, the analysis? Students must choose a research question that is suitable for effective treatment within the word limit and tefl essays, is not of a trivial nature. Research questions that do not allow a systematic investigation that demonstrates critical musical analysis and detailed understanding are unlikely to essay romeo, be suitable.

In some instances, it may become clear at an early stage in the research that too few sources are available topermit such an investigation. Conservation Of Trees? In such cases, a change of focus should be made. Many different approaches to the research question can be appropriate, for instance: use of primary sources (music and musicians) and secondary sources (material about music) in nurse essay romeo juliet, order to establish and appraise varying interpretations analysing sources (primary and secondary) in order to explore and dissertations, explain particular aspects of musical techniques using primary source material for an analysis, with emphasis on nurse romeo juliet, a particular aspect of the music collecting and analysing orally transmitted and/or written music from live musicians and/or composers through recordings, possibly leading to a comparison of similar or different music. Students should also demonstrate awareness of other issues surrounding the paper stock prices, music studied, such as the following. Do I show an essay romeo juliet, awareness of the value and limitations of the music I am studying through analysing its origin and purpose? Do I show a consistently good musical understanding in essays, setting the research question into context and addressing it fully and nurse juliet, effectively? Relevant outcomes of this analysis should be integrated into the student's argument.

The argument should also be well substantiated and students should consider the following questions. With what evidence do I support my comments and conclusions? Is this evidence relevant and well founded, and not based simply on my preconceptions? Frequent reference to the assessment criteria by both the tefl, supervisor and the student will help keep a sharper focus on the project. Interpreting the assessment criteria. Please note: extended essays that do not focus on real music are likely to score 0 in criterion A, and are unlikely to score highly in criteria C, D, F and G. Criterion A: research question.

The research question can often be best defined in the form of a question. Nurse Romeo Juliet? It may, however also be presented as a statement or proposition for discussion. Tefl Essays? It must be: specific and sharply focused appropriate to the particular area of music being explored centred on music and not on nurse romeo juliet, peripheral issues such as biography or social discourses stated clearly early on in the and perception paper papers, essay. Note that larger-scale musical works or groups of essay pieces may limit the possibility of research paper stock prices effective treatment n the word limit. Criterion B: introduction. The Introduction should relate the research question to existing subject knowledge the student's personal experience or particular opinion is rarely relevant here. The Introduction should not be seen as an opportunity for romeo juliet, padding out an essay with a lengthy account the context of the music. Criterion C: investigation. The range of resources available will be influenced by various factors, but above all by the topic.

Students should use primary sources (scores, recordings, performances, interviews) in tefl course, the first instance, with secondary sources (textbooks and the comments of other musicians) as evidential support. The proper planning of an essay should involve interrogating source material in nurse juliet, light of the research question, so that the views of other musicians are used to tefl course essays, support the student's own argument, and not as a substitute for that argument. It may thus be helpful for a student to challenge a statement by a musician, in reference to the music being studied , instead of simply agreeing with it, where there is evidence to support such a challenge. If students make use of Internet-based sources, they should do so critically and circumspectly in full awareness of their potential unreliability. Criterion D: knowledge and understanding of the topic studied. Students are expected to essay romeo, demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the music chosen, together with its historical, social and cultural, as well as academic, contexts.

Wherever possible, this knowledge should be based at least partially on primary sources. Criterion E: reasoned argument. Students should be aware of the need to about, give their essays the backbone of a developing argument. Personal views should not simply be stated but need to be supported by reasoned argument to persuade the reader of their v alidity. Straightforward descriptive or narrative accounts that lack analysis do not usually advance an argument and nurse, should be avoided. Criterion F: application of analytical and evaluative skills appropriate to the subject. Students should accurately and consistently analyse technical aspects of the music (melody, harmony, rhythm , texture, tone colour, and lyrics or text), demonstrating an understanding and a persuasive personal interpretation of the music. Criterion G: use of language appropriate to sensation term, the subject. Students are expected to make effective use of musical terminology and, where appropriate, notation. Notation may take a variety of forms, depending on the type of romeo juliet music studied.

Criterion H: conclusion. Consistent is the key word here: the conclusion should develop out of the argument and not introduce new or extraneous matter. It should not repeat the material of the introduction; rather, it should present a new synthesis in light of the discussion. Criterion I: formal presentation. This criterion relates to the extent to which the essay conforms to academic standards about the way in which research papers should be presented. The presentation of essays that omit a bibliography or that do not give references for quotations is paper deemed unacceptable (level 0).

Essays that omit one of the required elementstitle page, table of contents, page numbersare deemed no better than satisfactory (maximum level 2), while essays that omit two of them are deemed poor at best (maximum level 1). In music, discographies should be included where appropriate; musical examples, and essay juliet, tables and charts, if relevant, should appear in the body of the essay, as close as possible to their first reference. Criterion J: abstract. The abstract is judged on the clarity with which it presents an overview of the prices, research and the essay, not on nurse essay romeo juliet, the quality of the research question itself, nor on the quality of the argument or the vouchers, conclusions. Criterion K: holistic judgment.

Qualities that are rewarded under this criterion include the following. Intellectual initiative: Ways of romeo juliet demonstrating this in music essays include the choice of topic and education vouchers, research question, locating and essay juliet, using a wide range of sources, including some that may have been little used previously or generated for the study (for instance, transcripts of conservation of trees oral interviews). Nurse Juliet? Insight and depth of understanding: These are most likely to be demonstrated as a consequence of detailed research, reflection that is thorough and paper term papers, well informed, and reasoned argument that consistently and effectively addresses the research question. Creativity: In music essays, this includes qualities such as comparison of musical features, inventive approaches to musical analysis and new approaches to popular topics.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
The Nurse - CliffsNotes

88m transportation resume example. Resume Example Directory; Game Plan; 88M Truck Driver - Dade City, FL Florida, United States ZIP Code: 33523 Job Category: Transportation Posted:. Nurse Juliet! As part of BMIЂ™s military job seeker services, Bradley-Morris is providing a sample military resume list with options for officers and enlisted. Check out Ohio Army National Guard Enlisted's Resume. This is an example of a Military Resume based in Russells Point, OH - One of hundreds of thousands . Check out research paper stock prices U.S. Army Enlisted's Resume. This is an example of nurse essay juliet a Military Resume based in Eldorado, OH - One of hundreds of tefl course essays thousands of nurse essay romeo juliet resume samples. Job descriptions and qualifications or United States Army Enlisted Jobs. On this page, all about papers, 88N - Transportation Management Coordinator.

88M Motor Transport Operator NCOER Bullets. Transportation Operator. Nurse Romeo! o demonstrated through action and thesis internet dating, example a genuine concern for the safety and welfare. Resume Dilemma: Overqualified; Advanced Search; Browse Jobs; Saved Search; Saved Jobs; Apply History; Most Popular Jobs. Courier Jobs; Delivery Driver Jobs; Dental. Sample (MRW), youЂ™ll find several examples of military resumes. Sep 26, 2016 · Army Credentialing Opportunities Online (COOL) - MOS 88M Motor Transport Operator. Learn about becoming a Motor Transport Operator (88M), whose responsibilities include supervising/operating all-wheel vehicles to transport personnel and cargo. The Transportation Corps was established 31 July 1942 by Executive Order For example, Cargo Specialist Motor Transportation Operator (truck driver. Check out nurse romeo US Army Enlisted's Resume. This is an example of a Military Resume based in course, Anchorage, AK - One of hundreds of thousands of resume samples. Transportation Manager resume objective also known as career objective is used to state one's career objectives and present.

This is an example of a Military Resume based in Russells Point, OH Ohio Army National Guard - Motor Transport Operator (88M) Resume Example. Love This Resume. Swift Transportation 800-800-2200. Title: Motor Transport Operator MOS 88M-002. SQT (Thru Oct 1991) / SDT (Nov 1991 thru Feb 1995) Taken:. Check out romeo U.S. Thesis About! Army Enlisted's Resume. This is an nurse essay juliet example of essays characteristics self a Military Resume based in Eldorado, OH - One of nurse juliet hundreds of thousands of resume samples.Cars Transportation; The guy who ignorantly stated that 88m's are too cowardly for infantry. MOS 88M Motor Transport Operator Duty Descriptions. Thesis! 88M Transportation Supervisor Serves as Transportation Supervisor; responsible for the doctrinal training. motor vehicle operator free sample resume, resume example, free resume template, Operate a paratransit transportation vehicle in strict accordance. Free Resume Builder; Tips; First Student Transportation St.Paul,Mn.

651-287-1800 MOS 88M 20 Motor Transport Operator/Truck Driver. Nurse Essay! Supervise and manage equipment, cargo personnel transport as a Transportation Management Coordinator. Learn about transportation management jobs at goarmy.com. Tefl Course Essays! Truck Cell: 999-999-9999 Home: 999-999-9999. Robert Jackson Objective. Military Resume Examples and How To (Part Three) Link to Military Resume Examples Experience Example 1: EXPERIENCE: United States Navy. Juliet! Navigator Ђ“ USS Frank. Military Skills Translator: Transport Operator. (88M) looking for a job and dissertations, tells you what keywords and terms to nurse, use in your resume.MOS 88M MOTOR TRANSPORT OPERATOR DUTY DESCRIPTION Supervises 50 plus member medium headquarters transportation platoon consisting of maintenance. How to essays, Write a Resume Summary that Grabs Attention. By Louise Fletcher.

The way you have give the example using the sample resume-. MOS 88M Motor Transport Operator NCOER bullets. Transportation Operator. Nurse Juliet! o demonstrated through action and example a genuine concern for the safety. Thesis Internet Dating! Motor Transport Operator (88M) Transportation and Aviation Army MOS Information. Job training for a Motor Transport Operator consists of nine weeks of nurse romeo juliet Basic. They often coordinate with Motor Transport or may utilize aviation and research paper stock prices, amphibious transportation. Skip to the main content.

Check out U.S. Army Transportation And Distribution's Resume. This is an example of a Transportation And Distribution Resume based in Watertown, NY - One . Motor Vehicle Operators operate Motor Transport Tactical Wheeled Vehicles and equipment transporting passengers and cargo in romeo, support of combat and Example: After. Transportation Resume Objectives. Careers in transportation are broad and can encompass anything from education dissertations becoming a city bus driver to managing a city transit system.88M Motor operator, class b cdl truck driver resume in juliet, Pittsburgh, PA - December 2013 : 630th Transportation company USAR May 2010 - Present. NCOER Duty Descriptions for 88M Motor Transport Operator. Research Stock Prices! examples. Examples can be shared by pasting into the form at nurse essay juliet, the bottom of the page. Thanks. Tefl Course! Prepare your driver resume using sample resume provided on this page. In this sample driver resume, every aspect of resume writing is explored which guide.

Post Your Resume; Career Resources; Career Tools; Job Seeker FAQs; Employers. Why AJE? OFCCP Services; Diversity; Recruiting; Advertise; Employer FAQs; Events. Check out 993 Transportation Company, U.S. Army Reserves Enlisted's Resume.

This is an example of nurse essay juliet a Military Resume based in Saint Augustine. 88M-Heavy Duty Transportation Operator Resume Sample. Bethany SwaneyЂ™s Information. Location: Tucson, AZ 85711; Title: 88M-Heavy Duty Transportation Operator. This is an actual resume example of a 88M Transportation who works in the Enlisted Industry.

LiveCareer has Enlisted resumes in its database.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
The Character of the Nurse in Romeo and Juliet Essay | Bartleby

Essay on “Environmental Determinism” The philosophies, approaches and essay juliet practices which inform and flow from a concern with the environment are known as “environmental determinism.” The essence of the deterministic school of thought is paper term papers that the history, culture, lifestyle and stage of development of a social group, society or nation are exclusively or largely governed by the physical factors (terrain, climate, drainage, fauna and nurse romeo juliet flora) of environment. Image Source: theoceanproject.org. The determinists generally consider man as a passive agent on whom the environmental factors are acting and determining his attitude, decision-making processes and lifestyle.

An interest in the influence of the environment on people can be traced back to classical antiquity. The first attempt to explain the physical features and character traits of various peoples and their culture with reference to the influence of natural conditions were made by the Greek and Roman scholars. They included the course essays physician Hippocrates, the nurse romeo juliet philosopher Aristotle, and the historians Thucydides and Herodotus. Thucydides saw Athens’ natural conditions and geographical position as the- factors underlying its greatness. Aristotle explained the differences between Northern Europeans and Asians in terms of climatic causes. He argued that the inhabitants of cold countries (Europe) are courageous, brave, but unintelligent, lacking in political organization and capacity to rule their neighbours. He also thought that the people living in warm climates of Asia were intelligent but lacking in stock, courage and so slavery is their destiny and their natural state. The people of Greece, on the other hand, who occupy “the middle position (mid-latitudes) geographically,” he (Aristotle) sees as endowed with the finest qualities and essay romeo thus destined by nature itself to rule all over. The Greek scholars correlated the easy going ways of Asiatics living in the favourable environmental conditions, while the essays self penurious Europeans had to work hard for some amelioration of their poor environment.

They contrast the tall, gentle, brave folk of the romeo windiest mountains with the lean sinewy blonde inhabitants of essays characteristics, dry lowlands. Aristotle emphatically attributed the progress of certain nations to essay juliet, their favourable environmental conditions. Similarly, Strabo, the leading Roman geographer, attempted to explain how slope, relief, climate all were the works of God, and how these phenomena govern the lifestyles of people. Montesquieu pointed out that the people in cold climates are stronger physically, more coura­geous, frank, less suspicious and less cunning than those of the warm climates. The people of warm climates are timorous, timid, and weak in body, indolent, lethargic and passive. The environmental determinism continued to dominate the self writings of Arab geographers. They divided the nurse essay juliet habitable world into seven kishwars or terrestrial zones and highlighted the physical and cultural characteristics of races and thesis about internet nations living in essay romeo juliet, these zones. Al-Battani, Al-Masudi, Ibn-Hauqal, Al-Idrisi and Ibn-Khaldun attempted to correlate the environment with the sensation term papers human activity and their mode of nurse essay juliet, life. Al-Masudi, for example, asserted that the land where water, is essays characteristics self abundant, the people are gay and humorous, while the people of dry and arid lands are short-tempered. The nomads who live in open air are marked by strength and resolution, wisdom and physical fitness.

George Tathan, a leading historian of the 18th century, also explained the differences between peoples with reference to the differences between the lands in which they lived. The German philosopher Immanuel Kant was also a determinist, who stated that the nurse essay juliet people of New Holland (Indonesia, East Indies) have half closed eyes and cannot see to any distance without bending their heads back until they touch their backs. This is due to the innumerable flies which are always flying in their eyes. Kant further stressed that all the inhabitants of hot lands are exceptionally lazy and timid. Timidity engenders superstition and in lands ruled by kings leads to slavery. Kant strongly argued for a scientific base to the study of geographical or environmental phenomena which he considered to be just as essential as the exact sciences. In support of his hypothesis of influence of course essays, climate, he stated that animals and men who migrate to other countries are gradually affected by their new environment.

For example, the nurse essay romeo juliet brown squirrels which migrate to Siberia turn grey and the colour of white cows in winter turns grayish. The environmental causation continued throughout the 19th century when geographers themselves used to research paper stock, regard geography above all as natural science. The Kant’s philosophy about man and environment relationship was adopted by Alexander von Humboldt and Carl Ritter who developed an inductive approach for explaining natural phenomena. Ritter, the leading German geographer, adopted an inductive approach and introduced the essay romeo juliet environmental determinism in the early 19th century. Ritter attempted to establish the cause variations in the physical consti­tution of body, physique and health in the different physical environ­mental conditions. He stated that narrow eyelids of Turkoman people were an obvious effect of the desert upon the organism. Many of his students attributed geography “as the study of relationship between the density of a people and the nature of their land”. Many geographers of his school declared that their main task was to identify the influence exerted by geographical conditions on material culture and the political destinies of inhabitants of a given region, both past and present. Humboldt, one of the founders of modern geography and a contemporary of Ritter, also asserted that the mode of conservation of trees, life of the inhabitants of essay juliet, mountainous country differs from that of the people of the plain.

The deductive and mechanistic philosophy earlier advocated by Newton was continued in the work of Darwin. In 1859, he published the classic work Origin of self concept, Species in which he charted the development of life, and romeo advanced theories on evolution. For the followers of determinism, this is the most significant publication since it suggests a relationship between environment and organism and, moreover, charts a develop­mental sequence. The scientific milieu in the later half of the 19th and early 20th centuries was dominated in paper, part by Darwin’s idea, deductive approaches and an acceptance of the Newtonian cause and effect relationships. Darwin showed how the multitude of living things in our world, so finally adapted to their environments, could have come into being without any recourse to a divine master plan, in a plain, causal naturalistic way. Darwin argued that a struggle for existence must take place; it followed that those who survived were better fitted to the environment than competitors. Relatively superior adaptations increase; relatively inferior ones are steadily eliminated. The Darwin’s theory affected the thinking of geographers significantly.

Fitting well into this intellectual environment, the theme of essay romeo juliet, environmental determinism, developed mostly by geographers, was the prevailing view in German and American geography at the turn of the 20th century. The concern was with documenting the control or influence of the environment upon human society. The founder of the scientific determinism was Friedrich Ratzel. He supplemented ‘classical’ geographical determinism with elements of Social Darwinism and developed a theory of the state as an organism (Lebensraum) which owed its life to the earth which was ever striving to seize more and more territory. Ratzel argued that “similar locations lead to similar mode of essays concept, life”. In support of his argument, he cited the example of nurse essay romeo juliet, British Isles and Japan and asserted that both these countries have insular locations, which provide natural defence against the invaders. Consequently, the people of paper, these countries are making rapid economic progress, having the status of world powers. Ratzel, a follower of romeo juliet, Darwin, believed in the survival of the fittest and saw man as the end-product of evolution, an evolution in which the mainspring was the natural selection of types according to their capacity to thesis about, adjust themselves to physical environment. He was convinced that the course of history, the mode of life of the people, and the stage of development are closely influenced by the physical features and location of nurse essay juliet, a place in relation to mountains and plains. In his deterministic approach, he gave more weight age to location in relation to topographic features.

He opined that location of a place determines the attitude and lifestyle of of trees, its peoples. At the nurse beginning of the 20th century, environmentalism became particularly widespread in research paper prices, the United States, where its leading proponents were Simple and Huntington. Simple was the nurse essay romeo direct descendant of Ratzel. She preached the philosophy of her master and thus was a staunch supporter of determinism. The book Influences of Geographic Environment, which she wrote, starts with the opening paragraph: “Man is a product of the earth’s surface. This means not merely that he is a child of the earth, dust of her dust; but that the earth has mothered him, fed him, set him tasks, directed his thoughts, confronted him with difficulties that have strengthened his body and sharpened his wits, given him the vouchers dissertations problems of navigation, or irrigation, and at essay romeo the same time whispered hints for their solution. She has entered into sensation and perception term papers his bones and tissue, into his mind and soul. On the romeo juliet mountains she has given him leg muscles of iron to climb the slope; along the coast she has left these weak and flabby, but given him instead vigorous development of chest and arm to handle his paddle or oar.

In the river valleys, she attaches him to conservation, the fertile soil, circumscribe his ideas and ambitions by essay juliet, a dull round of calm, exacting duties, and narrow his outlook to the cramped horizon of his farm. Upon the self concept windswept plateaus, in the boundless stretch of the grasslands and the waterless tracts of the desert, where he roams with his flocks from pasture to pasture and oasis to juliet, oasis, where life knows much hardship but escapes the grind of drudgery, where the watching of of trees, grazing herd gives him leisure for contemplation, and essay romeo juliet the wide ranging life a big horizon, his ideas take on a certain gigantic simplicity, religion becomes monotheism, God becomes one, unrivaled like the sand of the desert and the grass of the thesis dating steppe, stretching on and on without break or change. Chewing over and the end of his simple belief as the one food of romeo, his unfed mind, his faith becomes fanaticism; his big special ideas, born of that ceaseless regular legitimate fruit in wide imperial conquest.” Man no more can be scientifically studied apart from the ground which he tills, or the lands over which he travels, or the seas over which he trades, than polar bear or desert cactus can be understood apart from his habitat. Man’s relations to his environment are infinitely more numerous and complex than those of the most highly organized plant or animal. So complex are they that they constitute a legitimate and necessary object of special study. The investigation which they receive in anthropology, ethnology, sociology, and history is piecemeal and partial, limited as to sensation paper papers, the race, cultural development, epoch, country or variety of essay, geographic conditions taken into account. Hence, all these sciences, together with history (so far as history undertakes to explain the causes of events) fail to reach a satisfactory solution of their problems largely because the education dissertations geographic factor which enters into them, all has not been thoroughly analyzed. Man has been so noisy about the way he has ‘conquered nature’ and juliet nature has been so silent in her persistent influence over man that the thesis about internet geographic factor in the equation of essay romeo juliet, human development has been overlooked. Semple in essays characteristics self, her book distinguishes the attitudinal characteristics of the people living in different physical settings, terrain, and topography and stresses that the dwellers of nurse essay juliet, mountains are essentially conservative.

There is little in his environment to stimulate him to change and little reaches him from the outside world. Hence, innovation is repugnant to him. As a matter of research stock, fact, the nurse essay romeo process of diffusion of new ideas and tefl essays innovations in the hilly tracts of essay juliet, isolation and relative isolation is slow as compared to the well linked plain parts of the world. This relative isolation of the hill-dwellers leads to orthodoxy, conservatives and suspicious attitude towards strangers. They are extremely sensitive in their traditions and about internet do not like criticism. They have strong religious feelings and an intense love for family. The bitter struggle for existence makes the essay hill-man indus­trious, frugal, provident and honest. Contrary to education vouchers dissertations, this, the people of plain parts of Europe are energetic, serious, thoughtful, rather than emotional, and cautious rather than impulsive. In the Mediterranean region where the climate is temperate and mild, the people are gay and imaginative and their life is easy-going. Huntington, the American geographer, who wrote the monumental book The Principles of Human Geography in nurse essay juliet, 1945, was a protagonist of environmental determinism. He made the most decisive step since the time of Hippocrates towards something new and conclusive in environ­mental causation thinking.

So, over many years, he was engaged in devel­oping the idea of climate’s leading role in the advancement of civilization. He believed that climate was the fundamental factor in the rise of civili­zation. He concluded that his homeland, which was the north-eastern part of the United States, had the best environment. He even produced a map, based primarily on the opinions of the North Americans, which showed that temperate climates had the education highest level of health and energy and civilization. He estimated that each inhabitant of the temperate belt produces on an average five or six times more than any inhabitant in any other part of the world. The basic philosophy of Huntington was that the supreme achieve­ments of civilization in any region were always bound up with a particular type of climate and variation in climate led to ‘pulsations’ in nurse, the history of culture. He suggested that the best climates for work were those in which there was variety and in which the temperatures fell within a certain range.

In support of his statement, he cited examples from the stimulating climates of the UK and the New England region of thesis about internet dating, USA. He associated with the romeo climatic cycles the Golden Age in ancient Greece, the Renaissance in Western Europe, and cyclical fluctuations in iron production or the price of shares. Huntington divided the world in the mild and thesis about harsh climatic zones and established that the ancient civilizations (Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Indus, and Chinese) flourished in the fertile river valleys of mild climates. He also established the hypothesis of invasion and tribal warfare. The great outpouring of nomadic people from Central Asia which led to Mongols’ conquest of Turan, Turkistan, China and India and the raids in Eastern Europe in nurse essay juliet, the 13th century could be explained by the drying of pastures on which the nomads were dependent. According to Huntington, the religion and racial character are the products of climate. A temperature of about 20°C and variable atmospheric conditions (temperate cyclonic weather) are the essays self concept ideal for the high mental and physical efficiencies. Such climatic conditions are also found in the countries of nurse essay juliet, North-West Europe. The advancement of Europeans in the fields of science and conservation essay technology has thus been attributed to nurse romeo, climatic conditions by Huntington. The underdevelopment of tropics, he explains, is essays concept owing to the humid, hot, oppressive weather which makes the people lethargic, lazy, inefficient, timid and indolent. The subsequent geographers like Halford J. Mackinder, Chisholm, Davies, Bowman, Robert Mill, Geddes, Herbertson, Taylor, etc., inter­preted the progress of societies with a deterministic approach.

Many of the scholars made it vividly clear that climate influences the physical properties of nurse essay romeo juliet, soil which ultimately determines the and perception papers cropping patterns, dietary habits, physique and attitudes. Mac Carrison demonstrated conclusively that the greater stature, strong constitution and superior physical resistance of the Sikhs of North India as compared to the Tamils of South India are a direct result of the superior Sikh diet and particularly its greater richness in nurse juliet, protein. The Khasis of the education plateau of Meghalaya have in general a poor physique because the protein intake in nurse, their diet is significantly low. Lord Boyd Orr and Gilkhs observed a similar phenomenon in East Africa, where they studied the Kikuyu and the Masai tribes of Kenya. The Kikuyus are farmers living on a diet of cereals, tubers and legumes; the Masais, on the other hand, are cattle raisers, whose diet includes meat, milk and ox-blood, which they take from the conservation of trees essay animals. These two human groups living side by side in the same environment differ profoundly in their physical measurements. This difference is the direct result of their fundamentally different diets. Similarly, there is no doubt that the low stature and poor physique of most of the masses of nurse essay juliet, India is the result of starvation, under-nourishment and research paper stock prices malnutrition. How closely soil and vegetation influence the health and stature of nurse essay juliet, peoples and animals have been explained by Karl Mackey. He cites the case of research stock, Shetland ponies in nurse essay romeo juliet, the following words: “On the Shetland Island, at the northern extremity of the British Isles (60°N), are found the smallest horses in the world, only about three feet in height. Traditionally, it used to be thought that these Shetland ponies constituted a separate race of horses, stabilized by research paper stock, inbreeding, until some businessmen decided to supply the American market by raising these* ponies in USA.

To their great disap­pointment, the ponies born under the new conditions got bigger and bigger generation after generation until they were the same size as horses of other ‘races’. The fact is, there is no separate race of ponies. Even after hundreds of generations, when the ponies were taken to areas with richer soil they regained the characteristics of essay romeo, their ancestors.” A similar example can be cited from the Chinese and Japanese who migrated to Europe and America, their weight and height increased. The Pygmies also lose their characteristics when transplanted to plain regions where agriculture and cattle raising provide much more varied food. Thus, the short-statured races became tall-statured races. Geddes tried to establish that the poorly nourished people are prey to malaria. In support of his hypothesis, he stated that the meat eating Muslims in India are much less subject to malaria than are the Hindus with their vegetarian diet.

The influence of physical factors on food habits and the consequent effect on the rate of birth in the different regions can be seen from the self fact that the nurse high birth rates (above 30 per 1,000) are all confined to tropical countries. The geographic and socio-economic conditions of these countries are all ill-adapted to either the production or consumption of proteins of animal origin. If we compare the birth rate with the animal proteins throughout the world, we find a clear correlation between the two factors, i.e., the fertility going down as the consumption of characteristics self concept, such proteins rises. For example, the essay romeo juliet daily intake of animal protein in Sweden and Denmark is 65 and 60 grams and the birth rate is 10 and 13 per 1,000 respectively, while in India and Malaysia only about 10 and 12 grams of animals’ protein is consumed respectively and the corresponding birth rate in these countries is 23 and 26 per 1,000 (2011). It may be an overgeneralization as many other factors like literacy, education and health, standard of paper stock, living and socio-cultural attributes also contribute to birth rate, yet there is no denying the romeo fact that the essays concept quality of diet has a close bearing on the increase, decrease and longevity of nurse, population. There are evidences showing that terrain, topography, temperature, moisture, vegetation and soil, both individually and collectively, affect the social and economic institutions and thereby the mode of life of people, yet the role of man as the transforming agent of his physical surroundings is quite pertinent. In fact, works of man reveal many facts for which environmental forces alone can give no satisfactory explanation.

For example, similar environment does not always invoke the same response. Eskimos of North America differ markedly from the hunting tribes (Tungus, Yakuts, Yukaghir etc.) of dissertations, Siberia. Pygmy hunters share the equatorial forests of Central Africa with agricultural Negroes in nurse essay, a remarkable symbiosis. The Khasi, Garo and Jaintia tribes of essays characteristics self, Meghalaya and the Lushais of Mizoram, living under almost similar climatic and environmental conditions, have marked variations in physical traits, physique, dietary habits, standard of nurse juliet, literacy, and attitude towards life. It is thesis about internet dating also observed that the same physical conditions of land could have quite different meanings for people with different attitudes towards their environment, different objectives in making use of it and different levels of technological skill. The Gujjars and Bakarwals of Jammu Kashmir prefer to settle on slopes and to utilize these slopes for pastures while the Kashmiris like to settle in leveled areas and to utilize their arable land for paddy cultivation. The former are nomads (transhumants) while the romeo latter are cultivators.

In agricultural areas it was clear that slope had one meaning for the man with a hoe and quite another for conservation of trees essay a man with a tractor drawn plough. It might be that the introduction of machinery could reduce the arable area of essay romeo juliet, a country or change the kind of soil considered desirable. People of of trees, one kind of culture might concentrate in the valleys (Masai and Kikuyu of East Africa) whereas another people in essay, the same area might concentrate their settlements on fertile uplands. Waterpower sites that were useful for concept the location of industries before the advent of steam engine lost that attraction when power came from other sources. Environment undoubtedly influences man, man in turn changes his environment and the interaction is so intricate that it is difficult to romeo juliet, know when one influence ceases and education vouchers the other begins. Many landscapes that appear natural to us are in truth the work of man. The wheat, barley, olive, vine which dominate the Mediterranean countries, are entirely the products of human effort. The apple and almond orchards of Kashmir, Uttaranchal and Himachal Pradesh are the creations of man.

Similarly, cultivation of basmati rice (a high water requiring variety) in only 50 cms rainfall recording areas of the Punjab and Haryana are the direct and conspicuous results of human efforts. Countless such examples from the developed and the developing countries can be cited. Thus, man and environment are intrinsically interdependent on each other. After the nurse essay romeo juliet Second World War, the philosophy of environmentalism was attacked. Many geographers in USA, Britain, Germany, Canada and other countries were drawing attention to the one-sided approach adopted by the environmentalists in their interpretation of historical reality to course essays, their exaggeration of nature’s active role and the fact that they only nurse juliet, acknowledge man as capable of passive attempts at paper prices adaptation. Works of man reveal many facts for which environmental forces alone can give no satisfactory explanation. Environmental determinism is regarded by many people as overly simplistic because it neglects the essay cultural factors that affect human behaviour. In fact, two societies, as cited above, that inhabit areas having similar climates and landforms, may be very dissimilar. How could two contrasting societies like the saffron, orchards and rice grower Kashmir is and the pastoral transhumant’s—Bakarwals exist in the same environment of Kashmir if climate dictated the pattern of life? Determinism has been criticized that it is not a universal hypothesis which can be tested empirically. Environmental determinism has also been criticized on the ground that people make their own history, culture and civilization under definite conditions and circumstances.

Men act through a world of rules which our action makes, breaks and renews. Thus, we are the creatures of rules, the rules are our creations; we make our own world—the world confronts us as an of trees, implacable order of social facts set over against us. And thus, man is nurse essay romeo juliet not the product of his environment but the creation of his social rules and customs. Spate criticized the essays fanatic approach of environmental determinists. He, for example, stresses that “environment taken by essay romeo, it is a meaningless phrase; without man environment does not exist”. Equally important is his indication of the need to consider the psycho-physiological influence of the geographical environment via social structure. In the final analysis, Spate concluded that geographical environment is only one of the and perception paper term factors of territorial differentiation and “it acts through society; cultural tradition has a certain autonomous influence”. Recently, an Australian author Wolfgang Hartake argued that while the nurse romeo juliet role of physical factors might well be relatively unimportant in the fringe zone of Frankfurt, “it is hard to imagine the extreme climatic conditions not playing a direct role in any human activity which occurs in the Sahara”. Similar argument is put forward by Hartshorne; he rejected environmentalism purely on the grounds that the latter separates nature and man, and thus is and perception paper papers “disruptive of fundamental unity of the juliet field,” i.e., contradicts the concept of geography as an integrated science.

Welcome to Shareyouressays.com! Our mission is to provide an tefl essays, online platform to help students to discuss anything and everything about essay juliet Essay. This website includes study notes, research papers, essays, articles and other allied information submitted by visitors like YOU. Before publishing your Essay on this site, please read the following pages: