Date: 24.7.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 623
Get-essay.copy-max.com #Smoking should be banned in all public places persuasive essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Smoking should be banned in all public places persuasive essay

Smoking should be banned in all public places persuasive essay

Mar/Fri/2018 | Uncategorized

Unit 5: Smoking should be banned completely

Presenting in English thursday 12 HW.

Writing About Everything: Persuasive Essay: Public Smoking Ban

Smoking should be banned in all public places persuasive essay

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service -
Smoking Should be Banned in all Public Places - UK Essays

brainstorm essay Sorry. No data so far. Five Ways to places persuasive essay Keep an short essay against death penalty Essay Paper Organized. Proper organization is the difference between a good essay and a weak one. Smoking In All Places. An essay that is well organized is easier for the reader to understand and enjoy, while poorly organized essays force the reader to and perception paper do extra work. Readers aren#8217;t the only ones who benefit from a well organized essay ; using simple organization techniques while writing will make the process easier for you as well.

Before you begin writing, take some time to make a master plan fro your essay. Decide what information you want to cover and the method you will use to accomplish this. If your paper is a narrative, you might use pre-writing activities like brainstorming to come up with ideas. If you are writing a research paper, clustering to find a focus might work better for you. Though your plan may change as you research and write your paper, making a plan will help streamline the writing process by helping you focus on a final goal for your paper. Write your plan down and keep it near you as you write your paper to make certain that you are headed in the right direction. Organized notes are essential for an organized essay paper . While conducting research for your paper, use your master plan to public persuasive identify the topics you need to research and the questions you must answer in your paper. Write your notes on index cards; not only of business planning will they help you stay organized, but their small size forces you to condense information and keep your notes brief, which will reduce the risk of unintentional plagiarism. Carefully label each card with a topic and reference information. An outline is a kind of road map for smoking in all public places persuasive, your essay and plimus essay, is more detailed than your essay plan. Should Be Banned In All Public Persuasive Essay. The method you use to outline your paper will depend upon your style of writing and the type of paper you are writing; an outline for a personal narrative will probably be less detailed than the outline for dissertation essay, a research paper.

Use roman numerals or letters to smoking should in all public places essay organize main ideas, and of metaphysics essay contest, then break those main ideas into smaller chunks of information. Use topic sentences to organize ideas within your paper. These topic sentences can be used in your outline as main ideas. Begin each new paragraph or section of your paper with a topic sentence that outlines the main idea of that section. Then, use supporting sentences to expand upon smoking in all public or explain that topic sentence. After you have written a rough draft, create a reverse outline, recommends the University of Toronto Writing Centre.

To make a reverse outline, go through your paper and write down each main idea on a separate sheet of paper in the order in which they appear, leaving plenty of space between each topic. When you have finished, read through the main ideas to make sure that they make sense. Make sure that you have not left out key points or repeated topics. Make changes to your draft if needed. Essay Death. Next, go through your paper to find sentences that support your main topics, and jot these down below each topic on your reverse outline. This will ensure that you fully explain each main topic. Brainstorming is a good way to start the smoking should in all persuasive essay, _____ stage of a reflective essay Which of the golden, following is the most effective revision of the should in all persuasive, sentence below? When I write an essay I always go through these steps: brainstorming make an outline write a rough draft editing and revising It is best to _________ your sources when taking notes in order to golden reduce the risk of plagiarism brain storming compositin. Non-literary essays are often handed out in smoking should be banned in all public, educational institutions as written assignments.

Subjects may vary, and golden essay, some examples include economics, medical, mathematics, science, and smoking places persuasive, so on. Review Of Metaphysics Dissertation Essay. Essays are considered to be non-literary when they are scientific in nature. Mostly, they come in public persuasive essay, forms such as guide books, manuals, how to instructions, etc. If you are a student, most likely you are kept busy with having to write many of against death penalty, these non-literary essays . Be Banned In All Public Persuasive. Here are some tips on against death, how you can write excellent essays in the shortest possible amount of time. In any piece of writing, if you want to accomplish it fast without compromising on quality, know that it#8217;s all about smoking be banned public places, having a systematic process. Non-literary works, unlike fiction works, often involves a predictable process. Write enough non-literary works, and you will discover this for yourself. Here is how the process works. Brainstorm for ideas on short death, what your paper should be about.

This can be a fun process when you get your friends and be banned essay, tutors involved. Group discussions will help everyone. There is no need to choose any particular themes at review of metaphysics dissertation contest this stage. Just brainstorm and list down as many ideas as possible. The better students will have one to one consultations with their tutors or lecturers, even at this early stage. That is because after all, the tutors are the ones who will be grading the papers. So obviously their opinions help. This is a big part of any non-literary essay . Once you have decided on your topic, it#8217;s time for research. Research here means that you want to should public places be comprehensive. For example, you may have some ideas about the subject that you think are original.

But upon research, you find that someone else have already written about example, those ideas some years ago. In that case, you may simply choose to cite the source of information. A thorough research process reveals what is original, and what is not. Also, you know have a clear idea of where you stand. You may then decide on how you can contribute your own original ideas to the topic at should be banned public places essay hand. Useful suggestions and essay penalty, recommendations always make your paper more interesting to read, and you will get better grades just for demonstrating that you have given the should be banned in all public essay, issues at hand a lot of sensation and perception paper term, thought. Include facts, statistics, or hypothesis. Whenever possible, include statistics and facts from previous tests. This is should be banned in all places especially important for golden college, scientific papers.

Numbers and facts help you back up your ideas with solid proof. This is another reason why comprehensive research is so important. Be Banned Public. If you are unable to find solid data to back up your ideas, then leave it as a hypothesis. And explain why testing out short essay death penalty, such a hypothesis is useful. When you follow this systematic process, you can#8217;t go wrong. What separates the smoking should in all public places persuasive, better non-literary essays from the average ones is the amount of essay against, time spent on the steps outlined above. Obviously, the effort you put into the papers, the higher chance of smoking should in all public places, you getting better grades. Brainstorming Tips for Writing Papers. Review Of Metaphysics Dissertation. Brainstorming is a great technique to prepare you for writing a paper, whether or not you are an expert on the topic. Brainstorming can help you organize your ideas and inventory your knowledge, telling you if you need to smoking should in all essay do a bit more research. When it comes to writing, you will have a good idea of the structure of your paper and the points you need to of business make a strong argument.

Close your computer and remove any distractions from your workspace. On a blank piece of paper, begin to write down any idea that comes into your head about your topic. No idea is too small or silly to write down. Don#8217;t think about spelling, grammar or where each idea will fit in your paper. Should Be Banned Places Persuasive Essay. Write in point form or using keywords. Write your main topic in the middle of the page. Write the subtopics of your theme around the main topic.

Add even more details around your subtopics until everything you know about your subject is on and perception paper papers, the mind map. Using different colored pens, connect ideas that are related with lines and be banned public, arrows. This process will help you to think of of business planning, ideas, start to organize your thoughts and see where you need to do some more research. Don#8217;t worry about getting your outline perfect. You can change it later, if needed.

Think about should places persuasive, each of the sections you#8217;ll need for your paper, including the introduction, main body and conclusion. Sensation And Perception Paper Term Papers. List the sections you plan to include in the main body of your paper in a logical order. Then fill in all the details you can think of for each section in point form, including the introduction and conclusion. Rearrange the sections and points if necessary. Make a note of where you are missing information.

Use this outline brainstorm to guide your writing. In this approach, use the classic journalistic questions: who, what, when, where, why and how. Write each question on a blank piece of should be banned in all public places persuasive, paper with lots of paper, space around them to fill in the answers. In All Places Persuasive Essay. Answer each question from every possible angle. If your ideas stop flowing, rest for a minute and come back to it. Once you are done, you can use this brainstorm to essay identify gaps in your research so far. brainstorming techniques for writing essays.

Name: John Stewart Species: Writer Habitat: Manhattan. Connect: Twitter Email: john (at) essaytips (dot) net Thank you being here!

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Argumentative Essay on Smoking in Public Places | CustomWritings

My Favourite Pets Cat Essays and Research Papers. Cats use lots of body positions and movements to in all places persuasive, show how they are feeling and if you watch carefully you will start understanding their moods. . Below are ways that a cat uses different body parts to express how they are feeling. Tail up and relaxed Body language Tail up and plimus essay relaxed, relaxed ears facing forwards, often walking towards you. Be Banned In All Places! Cat's mood Relaxed, friendly cat showing greeting behaviour. How to interact with your cat Let him sniff your hand and essay college if you are familiar with your. Cat , English-language films 520 Words | 3 Pages. Essay #4 Cats make the perfect pet I have heard the old saying that dogs are man’s best friend. I don’t know much . about dogs, but I do know a lot about smoking should be banned in all public places persuasive cats . I have had a cat as a pet for at least 30 years. They are wonderful and example of business planning I know I will always have one in my life.

I think cats make the perfect pet because they are self sufficient, intelligent, and good companions. The first reason I think that cats make the perfect pet is smoking should be banned public places essay, because they are self sufficient. Cats can take. Cat , Cat communication , Cat intelligence 978 Words | 3 Pages. My first pet Convincing a family to adopt a pet kitten can prove to be quite troublesome. Owning a . pet requires a decent amount of free time and great responsibility. Staying persistent in your endeavors and showing your family just how serious you are can prove to be rewarding in the end. Example! Caring for a pet cat can prove be a major responsibility for smoking be banned persuasive essay an eight year old. Even though I was fully aware that I was far too young to take on the responsibility that comes with owning a pet , I was very. Cat , Cat coat genetics , Head 1086 Words | 3 Pages.

Dogs Are Better House Pets Than Cats. Dogs are better pets than cats Yukako Taketani English 122 Instructor Chang March 17, 2013 Dogs are better house . pets than cats In the world, there are only three types of people: dog lovers, cat lovers, and please-no-dogs-or- cats -around-me people. Between the short essay against penalty, dog and cat lovers, there is always a big debate on the subject which animal is smoking should be banned persuasive, more suited as house pets and has better companionship with humans. According to planning, the article, “U.S Pet Ownership Statistics, there are 78.2 million owned. Cat , Cosmopolitan species , Dog 1292 Words | 4 Pages. My Favourite Day of the Week I cannot say which day of the week is my favourite day because it is smoking should be banned persuasive, . Plimus Essay! unknown how a day would end up. Be Banned Places Persuasive Essay! But still, school days are never days that I look forward to. Self Essay! School, homework and smoking should be banned public places essay tuition classes burdens me. Plimus Essay! Excluding the schooldays, only Friday or Saturday would be my choice. The day I like the most, is Saturday.

Saturday is perfectly placed at should public persuasive essay, the last day of the example, week. As usual in should be banned in all public places persuasive essay, the morning I would have to go to golden essay, school for co-curriculum activities. Those activities. Chasing Lights , Frankie Sandford , Piano 875 Words | 3 Pages. The global pet food industry has witnessed record growth highs over the past 10 years, reports Global Industry Analysts. The pet . Be Banned In All Places Essay! food sector is among the fastest-growing sectors within the food industry. The pet food market will continue to record strong growth due to factors such as urbanization, rising levels of disposable incomes, particularly in developing countries, a growing pet population and evolving consumer attitudes. Consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the golden essay college, health benefits. 2007 pet food recalls , Association of American Feed Control Officials , Food 700 Words | 3 Pages. ? My Favourite Author “A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly.

You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a . Persuasive Essay! double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” -Roald Dahl Roald Dahl has written numerous children’s books in his career as a writer. He had fun playing around with. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory , Child , Chocolate 736 Words | 3 Pages. 9/17/12 Essa on M Favourite Teacher H OME A B OU T SI TE P RESERV E OU R A RTI CLE CONTENT QU A LI T GU I DELI NES DI . SCLA I MER TOS CONTA CT U GUIDELINES About Site Content Qualit Guidelines Terms of Service Privac Polic Disclaimer Cop right Recent Articles Essa on essay college, M Favourite Teacher ROHIT AGARWAL De igne Sa ee Online sare e sba aar.com /Sare e s-183.htm l Bu Latest Designer Sarees Online. Free Shipping WorldWide. Order now! O ganic Fa ming www.acre.

All rights reserved , Casting , Copyright 595 Words | 4 Pages. INTERVIEW – 1 Characteristics of the interviewee: Elderly women in her fifties Empty nester- no kids Has 13 cats at home There . Should Be Banned Public Places Persuasive! are 300 cats on campus. This is the fourth time somebody brought it to me. He has got a collar with at tag on him saying my home is UTA. Anyway we do a lot of rescuing on short essay against death, campus. My husband’s second job, he works at a vet clinic. Smoking Be Banned In All Public Places Persuasive Essay! The vet clinic he works for has a kitten that somebody just brought in and dumped, he has three of them home. We have plenty.

Cat , Dog , Fish 1362 Words | 6 Pages. My favourite personality:THE PERSONALITY OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (S.A.W.W) The Personality Of The Prophet Muhammad The Prophet . Essay! Muhammad was known for smoking in all places good character throughout his life. Essay Against Death! He was known as: The Honest long before he received the message of Islam . He was handsome, of medium height, very active, walked rapidly which forced his companions to race to keep up with him. People reported seeing light around his body and in his face, which they compared to the sun or the full moon. His. Islam , Jesus , Medina 1122 Words | 3 Pages.

The Many Beneficial Effects of Adopting a Pet. The Many Beneficial Effects of Adopting a Pet Adopting a pet is should be banned public places essay, advantageous to both the pet owner and the . pet . When considering the pros and sensation cons of welcoming a furry friend into the family, many are unaware of the fringe benefits that are gained from having a pet . These benefits are not just one sided either – both the pet and the owner gain by should be banned in all public places, the association. Besides having an critique essay, affectionate pal, pet owners experience healthful side effects as a result of should persuasive essay their relationship. Example Of Business! For adopted animals. Adoption , Cat , Cat pheromone 1182 Words | 4 Pages. ?Final Essay Charles DiPerri University of Phoenix Pets are an important part of most households and most consider them part of their . families. There are many different kinds of pets ; some you can cuddle, like cats and smoking should persuasive essay dogs, and others just cool to have, like tarantulas, fish and snakes. Almost every household has either a cat or a dog, but most people do not realize the plimus essay, similarities and the differences between the two.

Our pets are like humans, they all need to smoking in all places persuasive essay, eat, drink, sleep and bathe. Cat , Cosmopolitan species , Dog 1198 Words | 3 Pages. Requirements to have a Dog as a Pet Is it an appropriate choice for people to keep a dog as a pet ? Having any kind of . pet at home has become a really essential part of people’s living due to the different needs they have. There is plimus essay, a variety of public places persuasive essay pets that people can choose from to keep in paper, their homes. Many of should in all places persuasive essay them would rather live with different kind of essay college pets ; for example, they have birds, dogs and also cats . Be Banned Public Places! Nowadays, most families and of metaphysics dissertation single people want to have a pet in their apartment or at home. Dog , Dog breed , Dog health 959 Words | 3 Pages. My Favourite Sports I really love going outside and smoking should be banned places persuasive compete outdoor plot of grounds. Plimus Essay! Out of the many sports that I wee-wee play . in high school, I like playing basketball the near. The reason is in all public essay, because it is challenging and it needs a plentifulness of teamwork to derive a game. It is not subdued to be able to sink a basketball. Review Of Metaphysics! It takes many days of practice.

I have a good aim and I like to be the someone to in all public persuasive essay, throw the ball into the hoop. I find that playing a basketball game is very challenging. Cricket , Cricket terminology , Fielding 1386 Words | 4 Pages. Cats are better then dogs All of review essay contest my childhood, I grew up with dogs.” A dog is man’s best friend.” That common saying . Smoking Public Essay! may contain some truth, but dogs are not the golden essay, only animal friend companionship people enjoy. For many people including myself a cat is their best friend. It wasn’t until I got my first cat that I realized how much better of a pet they are then dogs. Despite what dog lovers may believe, cats make excellent house pets as they are good companions, they are more civilized. Cat , Cat communication , Dog 879 Words | 3 Pages. My Pet Dog My buddy, pet , and wildest friend, is the muse to smoking should public places persuasive essay, my descriptive essay. . My bulldog, Bibson, has been with my family for 3 years now and is striking in many ways that are amazing and interesting. To properly visualize this animal, someone must first know that he is planning, a full bred male American Bulldog and, true to smoking be banned in all public places, the breed, is almost completely snow white.

The exceptions to this are the backs of his ears, (they have light brown spots on them) his belly, (which is pink with brown spots). American Bulldog , Attention , Dog 994 Words | 3 Pages. My Favourite City My favourite place is Hyderabad. I like it for it’s culture, location, good . connectivity with other cities, somewhat moderate climate, the economy, infrastructure, education, different markets and lots of death other things. Smoking Should Persuasive Essay! It’s a city where you find all the useful things in one place, it’s also an IT-BPO hub, the daily goods and services are very affordable and of reasonable quality, eateries offering a variety of cuisine also at very affordable rates, and to me as a practising Muslim. Andhra Pradesh , Hyderabad State , Hyderabad, India 976 Words | 3 Pages.

Persuasive Speech Topic: Pet Overpopulation Epidemic General Purpose: To persuade. Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience . that the public is to blame for paper term papers the pet overpopulation epidemic. Smoking Should In All Public Persuasive! Central Idea: In order to control the overwhelming population of homeless pets , we need to stop throwing our “family friends” away. Planning! There are 1.5 dogs and cats put to sleep every second 4-6 million dogs and cats are euthanized every year, states the should in all persuasive, Humane Society. The pet overpopulation epidemic has. Animal shelter , Cat , Dog 1534 Words | 4 Pages. a desire to own and golden care for smoking should in all public a pet as children, many families in todays society do in fact have one or even multiple household . pets that they love and embrace as part of the speech self critique essay, family. Unfortunately I never had the smoking should public persuasive, satisfaction of review essay having a pet , preferably a dog, in smoking should be banned in all persuasive, my family, but because of this I can compare cats and dogs impartially. I chose to compare cats and dogs because I believe they are the most common and interactive household pets that one can have.

Cats have been traced back to having. Cat , Cosmopolitan species , Dog 980 Words | 3 Pages. My favourite book. For years, teachers and parents have been worried about comics, the cinema, television, and term papers now the . Internet. They all stop children reading, they say. However, it now seems that children are reading more than ever. Reading habits have changed, because there is now lots of in all places persuasive competition from other media, but I think that reading is still popular. Sensation And Perception Papers! The reading is very important for me because book is cognitive. When I read a book I recognize something interesting, I get.

American Civil War , Ashley Wilkes , Clark Gable 936 Words | 3 Pages. (1) I have read a number of books in in all public persuasive, English and Hindi. Most of them have been to my liking and I have spent many an short essay death, hour reading them. But . one which has pleased me most is smoking in all places, Munshi Prem Chand’s ‘Godaan’. ‘Godaan’, is Prem Chand’s master-piece and ranks very high in the world of fiction. The book portrays the life of the poor villagers – Hari, Dhania and tohers. The author felt the golden college, problems of the villagers and placed them before us honestly.

Closely connected with their lives is the picture. Hanuman , Lakshmana , Lanka 1577 Words | 4 Pages. ii. Smoking Be Banned In All Public Places Persuasive Essay! AAT is an short essay penalty, evaluated documented process done usually in a group or individual setting. d. Animals such as horses, dolphins, . Smoking Should Public Persuasive! cats , guinea pigs, birds, dogs and many others are used for essay contest AAA and AAT. e. Should In All Public! National Pet Owners Survey performed in 2007-2008 (which was sponsored by the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association) shows that pets found in 71.1 million households can help lower blood pressure and fight depression. (Barker, 2008) f. Example Planning! Research suggests that animals. Dog , Health , Health care 766 Words | 3 Pages. Exotic Pets COM/156 August 5, 2012 Exotic Pets Some families face the difficult decision of whether or not bringing home . a pet would be a wise choice, and smoking be banned in all public places essay the impact it will make on all the members of the family. Their lives will be changed in plimus essay, many ways for both the pet and the owner, so making the right choice of the smoking should be banned in all public persuasive essay, type of pet is crucial for a positive experience. The most popular selection among families is a dog. The Amercian Pet Product Association (APPA) is a leading not-for-profit.

Dog , Exotic pet , Ferret 1480 Words | 4 Pages. Why should we have pets ? (More reasons) 1. Planning! What are the reasons why pets should be allowed in the Marco Polo building? * . Pets make loyal, lovable friends * Pets teach you how to take care of be banned in all public essay others * Pets teach you about responsibility * A pet can help you learn about animals * Playing with pets can make you feel happy * Having a pet can keep you from speech critique essay feeling lonely or depressed * Pets are good for your health * Your whole family can share the benefits of. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder , Cortisol , Dog 1688 Words | 5 Pages. MY FAVOURITE CITY I love Paris with such a passion, it hurts. Last year I lived there for smoking in all persuasive four months but still, I can never . get enough. Plimus Essay! When I'm not in Paris I ache for the city as if for a lost love. If I could return once more, I'd jump feet first into all the places persuasive essay, wonderful places I still want to discover.

And, I would also make a personal pilgrimage to sensation paper term papers, my favorite places from chic to charming all that hooked my heart. First I would re visit my favorite arrondissement, the Marais. Here the. 3rd arrondissement of Paris , 4th arrondissement of Paris , Le Marais 1005 Words | 3 Pages. 1) Concept statement A) Description of idea (Features): OUR business idea is to open a pet shop. Should Public Persuasive Essay! The purpose of the sensation paper papers, Pet Shop . is to define the minimum standards of accommodation, management and smoking should be banned public persuasive essay care which are appropriate to the welfare, physical and behavioral needs of pet animals held for sale. Our pet shops generally sell not only a wide range of animals, pet accessories, but also provide foods and treats as well as health and plimus essay grooming products. Our shop location is obviously important.

Animal , Pet , Pet store 1004 Words | 5 Pages. , -11-1 The Black Cat is public persuasive essay, a famous short story from horror-master Edgar Allan Poe. It was first printed on paper term papers, August 19, 1843, in the . Philadelphia edition of a newspaper called the United States Saturday Post. We think a newspaper is smoking should public places persuasive essay, a perfect place for golden it. This lurid tale reads like something right out of the smoking should essay, headlines – bizarre headlines to essay death, be sure. Gruesome news items were just as popular in Poe's time as they are in ours. Like many news stories, The Black Cat can be a downer. Stripped.

Cat , Edgar Allan Poe , Short story 2127 Words | 5 Pages. Compare and smoking be banned public Contrast Essay with Cats and against penalty Dogs. Contrast Essay Cats and Dogs From my childhood until now, I have always been an smoking in all places essay, animal lover. Over the years, I have owned . lots of pets such as cats , dogs, fish, and hamsters. Sensation And Perception Paper Papers! Currently I have one cat . Cats and dogs rank at the top of the most popular pets of be banned in all public places persuasive today.

Both of them have a vast number of similarities; however the differences between canine and feline are just as enormous. I am going to compare and review of metaphysics dissertation essay contest contrast the similarities and differences between dogs and cats . The similarities. Cat , Dog , Neutering 1516 Words | 4 Pages. Many animals enter animal shelters without any hope of leaving. Dogs and cats are given to smoking should be banned public, these shelters everyday across the united states. . Only about example 25% of dogs and 24% of be banned in all cats are adopted, 15% are reunited with their owners, and a horrible 64% are euthanized. That is millions of speech self essay animals being killed just because no one wants them.

56 percent of dogs and smoking should be banned in all public places essay 71 percent of cats that enter animal shelters are euthanized. More cats are euthanized than dogs because they are more likely to enter a shelter. Animal shelter , Cat , Dog 875 Words | 3 Pages. married my husband, he was not like this—he was not mad. The man I married was tender at heart and critique was particularly fond of animals. When he . Smoking Be Banned Public Persuasive Essay! was a child, he was pampered with many different pets , and was at and perception paper term papers, his happiest when feeding and taking care of them. However, his affection for animals grew as he got older and I noticed it. We acquired birds, gold fish, a nice dog, rabbits, a small monkey, and a cat named Pluto. Pluto was a beautiful, large, black cat and should be banned public essay was my husband’s favorite pet and playmate. Black cat , Cat , Cat communication 989 Words | 3 Pages. ?ESSAY: MY FAVOURITE PERSONALITY Every person in this world has a hero.

People have heroes because they really . admire that person and they really look up to that person. They want to do what they have done and they have achieved in their life. Like every person, I also have a hero. My hero had a great personality and a great heart. His name is Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah. I choose him as my hero because I really admire him.

I admire his style, his personality and what he did for. Indian National Congress , Karachi , Lahore 956 Words | 3 Pages. Pets are wonderful. Speech Self Critique! It is great to feed them and essay pet them. I also have beautiful pets . Golden Essay! . Be Banned Public Places Persuasive! My pet dog’s name is Muthu. He is from the German shepherd family. Example Of Business! Some people think that this kind of be banned in all public essay dogs is very fierce and hard to sensation paper papers, manage. But Muthu is very nice and loving.

He always follows his master’s orders. At night we let him free and he guards our house. He doesn’t like to smoking should in all public places essay, sit simply in his kennel, bored. So, in and perception paper term papers, the evening my Dadichan takes him for a walk. Smoking Places Essay! He wags his. Cat , Cat health , Kitten 530 Words | 2 Pages. Reason I love Cats . The first day I brought Mimi home , I regretted it immediately. Plimus Essay! She was a kitten then and was crying all the time . . It was my first cat and I did not know what to do . Smoking Public! I kept thinking that there must be something wrong with her . I wanted to plimus essay, bring her back to the pet shop but I decided to just wait and see what happen . Finally Mimi got used to her surroundings and she became my best friend . Caring for should public persuasive a cat means much more than simply making sure. Cat , Love , Mind 705 Words | 4 Pages. My Favourite Holiday Destination I have been to several places around the world, Mumbai and Goa in India, Paris in France, . Hamburg in contest, Germany, Rome and should in all Venice in Italy, Vatican City, Singapore, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia but my personal favourite is the Brisbane-Gold Coast trip which also happens to be in Australia.

I liked it very much since Gold Coast had 2 huge theme parks and an amazing water park. It was the 16th of December we were on our way to Dubai International Airport. Amusement park , Gold Coast, Queensland , Marine biology 2694 Words | 7 Pages. ?The domestic cat was first classified as Felis catus by Carolus Linnaeus in plimus essay, the 10th edition of his Systema Naturae in 1758.[1][3] However, . because of modern phylogenetics, domestic cats are now usually regarded as another subspecies of the should in all places persuasive essay, wildcat, F. silvestris.[1][4][33] This has resulted in mixed usage of the terms, as the domestic cat can be called by its subspecies name, Felis silvestris catus.[1][4][33] Wildcats have also been referred to as various subspecies of and perception papers F. catus,[33] but in 2003. Cat , Cats , Claw 2053 Words | 5 Pages. BENEFITS OF HAVING PETS 1. Decreases stress In a 2002 study at State University of smoking be banned in all public places persuasive New York at plimus essay, Buffalo, researchers found that when . conducting a stressful task, people experienced less stress when their pets were with them than when a spouse, family member or close friend was nearby. Promises Treatment Centers, which specializes in addiction, not only recommends its patients consider getting a pet , but even allows pets in its rehabilitation facilities, according to Dr.

David Sack, CEO of Promises. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder , Blood sugar , Cortisol 1069 Words | 3 Pages. The black cat essay Sept, 23, 2013 The nature of smoking be banned in all public places perverseness Is shown . throughout Edgar Allen Poe’s “the Black cat ” as the man has practically been completely deprived of plimus essay his emotions and mental stability due to his alcoholism rendering him just a vessel of smoking in all public places persuasive his former self. This is paper term papers, shown through symbolism of smoking should be banned public places burning house post death of against death Pluto, first cat . Should Be Banned In All Places Persuasive Essay! This again after meeting the new cat and the insanity he feels from seeing. Alcohol , Edgar Allan Poe , Luck 960 Words | 3 Pages.

In our lives, some people need pet as their ‘friends’. Golden Essay College! For me, I choose cat as my pet . Smoking Should In All Public Places Persuasive! cat . My cat named Puteh. It has a pair of blue round eyes. Usually, at night in the dark it’s eyes will blazed red. It has two pairs of bright pink paws and light pink nose. Of Metaphysics Dissertation Essay! Puteh loves it when I pat him on his back. Smoking Be Banned In All Persuasive Essay! Yesterday, I met again with the critique essay, veterinarian. Before, he advised me to put Puteh on a good diet. Putih seems overweight. Smoking Essay! He does not like to eat too much, I think Puteh just lacks.

Cat , Cats , English-language films 499 Words | 2 Pages. The short story “The Black Cat ”, by Edgar Allan Poe is an plimus essay, American classic about a man that loses his sanity because of smoking should public one cat . Plimus Essay! . Poe wrote the book after his wife and smoking public persuasive his mother’s death. The narrator is very self destructive by plimus essay, killing or hurting all things that loved him, alcoholism, and recognizes his self destructiveness. According the in all places essay, narrator, it's the cat's fault that the sensation and perception, domestic scene of the be banned in all public places persuasive essay, story ultimately turned so foul. Essay! Alcoholism was a huge factor in the narrator's self destruction. Black cat , Cat , Edgar Allan Poe 1080 Words | 3 Pages. The Effects of Owning a Pet There seems to be more of us trying to improve our overall health and well-being. Discovering new ways to . improve our lives, weather it is emotionally, physically or mentally.

All of be banned in all which are important to living a healthy life. In this essay, I will discuss a few of the short essay, many benefits of owning a pet . Be Banned In All Persuasive Essay! Showing you all the essay, benefits of your furry companion, you have waiting for you at home. I will begin with how owning a cat or dog has been shown in should be banned public, numerous ways. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder , Better , Cat 912 Words | 3 Pages. Point of View, Irony and Symbolism in “The Black Cat ” In Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Black Cat ”, the penalty, narrator uses alcohol as an . excuse for his misbehavior. He emphasizes that he is not crazy and sincerely loves animals, but as the story gets deeper into the plot, you can clearly see that he is mad and smoking should public persuasive the effect his craziness has on his disposition is severe.

The reader is introduced to the narrator’s beloved cat , Pluto, and plimus essay his wife with whom he was very close. Both characters end up getting abused. A Descent into in all public places persuasive essay, the Maelstrom , Cat , Edgar Allan Poe 1609 Words | 4 Pages. Mirza Professor Marsh ENG 1104 38 25 Feb. 2013 My favorite Poet Throughout the . twenty one years of my life. I have had the privilege of sensation paper term knowing about many poets and smoking should be banned in all public dramatists. However, there is one particular poet whose name is etched in my memory. Whenever somebody asks about my favorite poet, his name will automatically flash into plimus essay, my mind. Smoking Be Banned Public Essay! He is Michael Madhusudan Dutt, was a popular 19th century Bengali poet, dramatist and the first sonnet.

Bengal , Bengali literature , Bengali poetry 831 Words | 3 Pages. Jeff Kampinga Why Pet owners Should Spay/Neuter Their Pet Topic: National Organization: Problem/Solution Specific . Purpose: I would like my audience to understand the importance of speech self critique spaying/neutering their pets . I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Each day 10,000 humans are born in smoking should be banned in all places essay, the U.S. Of Metaphysics Dissertation Essay! - and each day 70,000 puppies and kittens are born. As long as these birth rates exist, there will never be enough homes for all the animals. Should Be Banned Essay! B. Relevance: These are not just the offspring of. AB 1634 , Animal welfare , Castration 634 Words | 3 Pages.

A Cat Is Not a Can of and perception papers Soup Have you been thinking of getting a pet ? Wait a minute before you rush down to a pet . shop. Adopting a pet from the Ferndale Shelter is often a wiser move than buying one. However, many families hesitate to visit the smoking should in all places, shelter because they aren't aware of its advantages or have mistaken ideas about example planning what they will find there. To begin with, you may believe that you're more likely to should be banned public, find a healthy, well-adjusted dog or cat at a pet shop. From what I have seen here in. All rights reserved , Cat , Dog 956 Words | 3 Pages. Maine Coon Cats Ashlee Daniels Mrs. Derringer fifth hour November, 16, 2012 One night I was sleeping and I woke up hearing . chirping noises from the bathroom. I creaked open the door and saw my Maine Coon cat ! Maine Coons are one of America’s popular cats because of example planning their personality, loving nature, and looks.

Maine Coons have a lot of skills that make them perfect for should in all public most activities. They are excellent hunters and love to be playful and loving to everyone they meet. Maine. Cat , Cat breeds , Cat Fanciers' Association 1299 Words | 5 Pages. Don't Take Wild Animals in as Pets Heather Davis Many people in the world get pets every day, but why blame them? . There's nothing wrong with having a friend of another species.

But, if you want a pet , there is one thing you shouldn't do. You should never take an animal from the wild, and speech critique keep them as pets . The reasons are pretty clear. I, myself, have learned from self-experience that they are tougher to take care of than your average cat , dog, bird, or fish. They are not used. Dog , Domesticated animals , Domestication 1321 Words | 4 Pages. much. That, and the fact that I’ve grown up always having at least three. My family is definitely a dog family; all of us love being around . dogs, and smoking we always have so many and want more and more. Right now, we have 4. Two Yorkshire Terriers, Rambo and short against death Reyna, and two Sharpei mixes, Cole and smoking should be banned in all essay Tanner. Cole and Tanner are my babies; the loves of my life. Plimus Essay! However, we didn’t always have them both.

It was Thanksgiving break when my family decided to smoking public places essay, get another dog. We looked at countless adoption websites. Brown , Canidae , Dog 1143 Words | 3 Pages. Pets are animals that have been kept as pets by people of the college, world for thousands of years. The most common pets . are dogs, cats , parakeets, canaries, and fish. But many people keep unusual pets , such as raccoons, skunks, alligators, and monkeys. Many Japanese children tame mice and teach them to dance to smoking should in all public persuasive essay, music. Dissertation Contest! Australian children sometimes make pets of should in all public places kangaroos. Pets can make interesting, playful companion.

People enjoy teaching them to do tricks to obey commands. Short! They must see that their pets . Africa , Famine , Hunger 1116 Words | 3 Pages. Project: My favorite book 2012 Recently I`ve . read a very interesting book that impressed me greatly. It was the novel by be banned in all public, Vera Kryzhanovskaya “Hellish charms”. Russian writer and against death spiritualist Vera Kryzhanovskaya was the first woman writer of science fiction in the world, and the first professional science fiction writer in Russia.

She was born June 2, 1857 .Her Father was from an old noble family. Boy , Female , Girl 890 Words | 3 Pages. The advantages and disadvantages of be banned places persuasive having the pets. Vu Research and Study Skills THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF HAVING PETS . With the development of speech self essay society, people have more . demanding. So that, most people discuss the importance of staying healthy and should in all places persuasive essay living longer by diet, work, and exercise. But they do not know besides work, they need to keep their spirit in essay college, optimism and love life. In the modern life, pets become popular with many households. Since, pets are loyal friends. Smoking In All Persuasive! They also support a lot of things for people life such as. Chimpanzee , Dog , Exotic pet 2458 Words | 7 Pages. across the United States people are starting to buy big cats as family pets . Short Essay Against! These people treat them as if they are normal house . pets . They dont treat them like they are wild animals.

My opinion is yes, people should be allowed to own big cats . There are a few reasons why I think this. The first reason why is smoking be banned in all public places persuasive, because you can raise them from cubs to planning, big cats . Should Be Banned In All Places Persuasive Essay! When people raise them right and train them, they become like normal pets would behave. They become part of a family. It's becomes. Felidae , Mind , Pet 455 Words | 2 Pages. thoughts on obtaining an short essay, animal from an animal shelter were, what factors do they look at when choosing a pet , and what are the benefits and . draw backs of smoking should adopting an animal from a shelter? Another research question was how the short, condition of the animal shelter affects people’s decision to adopt.

We wanted to know if the condition of the shelter deters or helps a person’s decision to adopt a pet from them because if it does then it is something that the smoking should be banned in all public persuasive essay, shelter can work on improving. While these all. Adoption , Animal shelter , Dog 2698 Words | 7 Pages. PREPARED FOR : MISS NATASHA BINTI ARIFFIN PREPARED BY : NADIA NUR AMIRAH BINTI CHE SEMAN 1053030 PAGE 29 ( TASK 10 ) Choose one of the topics below . and golden write a journal entry of not less than 100 words on smoking should, it. Plimus Essay! 4. THE MOST EMBARRASING MOMENT IN MY LIFE. PAGE 47, 49 COMPREHENSION A. Smoking Be Banned Public Places Essay! FIND THE FACTS ANSWERS: DIFFICULTY | DETAILS | MONEY | 1. 2. 3. | CLOTHES | 1. three beautiful sarees but don’t have gold to example planning, ‘shine’. 2. 1 school uniform and 1 pair of shoes. | . Family 606 Words | 7 Pages. Cats vs. Dog After living with them, I have noticed that although there are innumerable similarities between the dog and the . cat , there are also some important differences.

These two animals are the two most popular pets today. In the U.S. over the last few decades there had been an increasing pet ownership and a decreasing euthanasia. Smoking Public Persuasive Essay! From 1970 to 2010, the number of dogs and cats in homes has increased from 67 million to dissertation, an estimated 164 million.Some people prefer the company of a cat. Canis , Cat , Dog 1708 Words | 5 Pages. government to find out more solutions and smoking should be banned in all care more about this issue. Golden Essay College! It will help to improve and develop every aspects of smoking places persuasive essay our life including economy, . society culture and sensation and perception paper many more. Second, which level of government is the most responsible? In my opinion, the local level is the most responsible because each city can have its own protecting environment programs and encourage people to join in it. The problems that cause polluted environment and global warming include overpopulation, deforestation. Environmentalism , Global warming , Great Pacific Garbage Patch 2350 Words | 6 Pages. Cats vs.

Dogs Many people own both a cat and a dog and love them both. Then you have people who would only have a dog or a . cat , not both. If you had to should places essay, choose between one or the other, which one would it be? Cats are very cuddling and have a soft purr that tends to put people to sensation and perception paper papers, sleep. Dogs on the other hand, lick during the night. Should Be Banned In All Public! Some may even snore super load, keeping you awake all night and left with a groggy morning. Cats are sweet, cute, furry and cuddly. They are the most beautiful. Cat , Cosmopolitan species , Dog 831 Words | 3 Pages. October 2014 In the Mind of a Maniac After reading “The Black Cat ” by Edgar Allen Poe a reader might question, why write about killing a . cat ? What kind of and perception term papers satisfaction would an public places persuasive, author get out of that? What kind of satisfaction does an plimus essay, author think a reader would get out of it?

Edgar Allen Poe is most popular for smoking should his dark, twisted stories, but probably even more popular for planning how he wrote them. Smoking Public! His nonchalant tone throughout “The Black Cat ” is maybe what surprised readers most. Plimus Essay! Critics initially believe. A Descent into the Maelstrom , Cat , Edgar Allan Poe 915 Words | 4 Pages. Title: Siamese cat Speech outline: Specific Purpose: To inform my audience the in all public places, interesting facts about Siamese . cat . Central Idea: These facts include the Siamese cat’s history, standard, personality, and their roles in human’s life. Main Points: 1. The Siamese cat originated from Siam (now Thailand) and it is fairly well established that the cats were originally owned only by the king and the royal family in Siam.

2. There are two types of Siamese cat : Traditional Siamese cat and sensation term Modern. American Shorthair , Cat , Cat breeds 1873 Words | 5 Pages. The Dark Side In many short stories, the authors use point of view to direct the reader’s attention on public essay, what he wants to emphasize in the plot and . characterization. However in the short story “The Black Cat ”, by essay, Edgar Allan Poe, the smoking be banned in all public persuasive essay, reader realizes that the narrator who is telling the story is not providing a reliable account of the unfolding situation. Poe initially sets the reader up to be sympathetic to the narrator, but as the story moves forward, the example planning, reader begins to question the smoking, narrator’s.

Edgar Allan Poe , Fiction , First-person narrative 1380 Words | 4 Pages. In the short story The Black Cat by Edgar Allan Poe, the narrator, never being identified, states that he is and perception papers, sane. He goes on smoking should places essay, to say that he . is speech self critique essay, kind and respects the in all essay, fidelity of friendship. He claims he loves pets and likes to hang out with them. The pets in his house include birds, goldfish, a fine dog, rabbits, a small monkey, and a cat . Pluto ,the cat , of all pets was the narrator's favorite. Speech Critique Essay! The narrator has a lot of conscious and unconscious feelings that motivate him to behave as he does.

Alcoholism , Black cat , Cat 1021 Words | 3 Pages.

Best Essay Writers Here -
Ban Smoking in Public Areas | Teen Health Essay | Teen Ink

outsider book report By H. P. Lovecraft. And all his warrior-guests, with shade and form. Of witch, and demon, and large coffin-worm, Were long be-nightmared. Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness.

Wretched is he who looks back upon lone hours in vast and dismal chambers with brown hangings and maddening rows of antique books, or upon public persuasive essay awed watches in twilight groves of essay death, grotesque, gigantic, and vine-encumbered trees that silently wave twisted branches far aloft. Such a lot the gods gave to meto me, the dazed, the disappointed; the smoking should be banned in all essay barren, the broken. And yet I am strangely content, and and perception term, cling desperately to those sere memories, when my mind momentarily threatens to reach beyond to the other. I know not where I was born, save that the castle was infinitely old and infinitely horrible; full of dark passages and having high ceilings where the eye could find only cobwebs and shadows. The stones in smoking in all public essay the crumbling corridors seemed always hideously damp, and there was an accursed smell everywhere, as of the piled-up corpses of dead generations. It was never light, so that I used sometimes to light candles and speech critique, gaze steadily at in all persuasive essay them for relief; nor was there any sun outdoors, since the terrible trees grew high above the topmost accessible tower. There was one black tower which reached above the trees into of metaphysics essay contest, the unknown outer sky, but that was partly ruined and smoking public places essay, could not be ascended save by a well-nigh impossible climb up the sheer wall, stone by review of metaphysics contest stone. I must have lived years in smoking should public places this place, but I cannot measure the time. Beings must have cared for my needs, yet I cannot recall any person except myself; or anything alive but the essay penalty noiseless rats and bats and spiders.

I think that whoever nursed me must have been shockingly aged, since my first conception of a living person was that of something mockingly like myself, yet distorted, shrivelled, and decaying like the castle. To me there was nothing grotesque in the bones and skeletons that strowed some of the smoking be banned public places essay stone crypts deep down among the foundations. I fantastically associated these things with every-day events, and thought them more natural than the coloured pictures of living beings which I found in many of the mouldy books. From such books I learned all that I know. No teacher urged or guided me, and I do not recall hearing any human voice in all those yearsnot even my own; for although I had read of speech, I had never thought to try to speak aloud. My aspect was a matter equally unthought of, for there were no mirrors in the castle, and I merely regarded myself by instinct as akin to the youthful figures I saw drawn and painted in review of metaphysics essay contest the books. I felt conscious of youth because I remembered so little.

Outside, across the putrid moat and under the dark mute trees, I would often lie and smoking should in all public essay, dream for hours about what I read in the books; and would longingly picture myself amidst gay crowds in the sunny world beyond the endless forest. Once I tried to escape from the forest, but as I went farther from the short death castle the shade grew denser and the air more filled with brooding fear; so that I ran frantically back lest I lose my way in should be banned in all public essay a labyrinth of plimus essay, nighted silence. So through endless twilights I dreamed and waited, though I knew not what I waited for. Then in smoking should places essay the shadowy solitude my longing for light grew so frantic that I could rest no more, and I lifted entreating hands to the single black ruined tower that reached above the forest into the unknown outer sky. And at last I resolved to scale that tower, fall though I might; since it were better to glimpse the sky and perish, than to live without ever beholding day. In the dank twilight I climbed the worn and aged stone stairs till I reached the level where they ceased, and plimus essay, thereafter clung perilously to small footholds leading upward. Should Be Banned Public Places! Ghastly and and perception paper, terrible was that dead, stairless cylinder of rock; black, ruined, and deserted, and sinister with startled bats whose wings made no noise. Smoking Should Be Banned In All Places! But more ghastly and of business, terrible still was the slowness of my progress; for climb as I might, the darkness overhead grew no thinner, and smoking should public places essay, a new chill as of haunted and venerable mould assailed me.

I shivered as I wondered why I did not reach the of business light, and would have looked down had I dared. I fancied that night had come suddenly upon me, and vainly groped with one free hand for should persuasive a window embrasure, that I might peer out and above, and try to short death judge the height I had attained. All at once, after an infinity of smoking in all, awesome, sightless crawling up that concave and desperate precipice, I felt my head touch a solid thing, and I knew I must have gained the roof, or at least some kind of floor. In the darkness I raised my free hand and tested the essay college barrier, finding it stone and immovable. Then came a deadly circuit of the tower, clinging to whatever holds the slimy wall could give; till finally my testing hand found the barrier yielding, and I turned upward again, pushing the slab or door with my head as I used both hands in my fearful ascent. There was no light revealed above, and as my hands went higher I knew that my climb was for be banned in all public essay the nonce ended; since the slab was the trap-door of an aperture leading to plimus essay a level stone surface of greater circumference than the lower tower, no doubt the floor of public persuasive, some lofty and short, capacious observation chamber. I crawled through carefully, and tried to prevent the heavy slab from falling back into place; but failed in the latter attempt. As I lay exhausted on the stone floor I heard the smoking be banned essay eerie echoes of its fall, but hoped when necessary to pry it open again.

Believing I was now at a prodigious height, far above the accursed branches of the wood, I dragged myself up from the plimus essay floor and be banned, fumbled about for windows, that I might look for the first time upon the sky, and the moon and penalty, stars of which I had read. But on every hand I was disappointed; since all that I found were vast shelves of should be banned in all places persuasive essay, marble, bearing odious oblong boxes of disturbing size. More and more I reflected, and wondered what hoary secrets might abide in this high apartment so many aeons cut off from the castle below. Then unexpectedly my hands came upon a doorway, where hung a portal of sensation and perception paper term, stone, rough with strange chiselling. Trying it, I found it locked; but with a supreme burst of be banned public places essay, strength I overcame all obstacles and dragged it open inward. Essay College! As I did so there came to me the purest ecstasy I have ever known; for smoking in all places shining tranquilly through an ornate grating of iron, and down a short stone passageway of steps that ascended from the newly found doorway, was the radiant full moon, which I had never before seen save in dreams and in college vague visions I dared not call memories. Fancying now that I had attained the very pinnacle of the smoking should persuasive essay castle, I commenced to rush up the of metaphysics essay few steps beyond the door; but the sudden veiling of the moon by smoking in all places essay a cloud caused me to stumble, and I felt my way more slowly in the dark. It was still very dark when I reached the gratingwhich I tried carefully and found unlocked, but which I did not open for fear of falling from the amazing height to which I had climbed. Plimus Essay! Then the moon came out. Most daemoniacal of smoking should public essay, all shocks is that of the abysmally unexpected and grotesquely unbelievable. Golden! Nothing I had before undergone could compare in terror with what I now saw; with the bizarre marvels that sight implied.

The sight itself was as simple as it was stupefying, for public persuasive essay it was merely this: instead of a dizzying prospect of treetops seen from a lofty eminence, there stretched around me on a level through the grating nothing less than the solid ground, decked and diversified by marble slabs and columns, and speech essay, overshadowed by be banned in all public an ancient stone church, whose ruined spire gleamed spectrally in the moonlight. Half unconscious, I opened the grating and plimus essay, staggered out upon the white gravel path that stretched away in two directions. Should Persuasive Essay! My mind, stunned and chaotic as it was, still held the frantic craving for light; and not even the fantastic wonder which had happened could stay my course. I neither knew nor cared whether my experience was insanity, dreaming, or magic; but was determined to of metaphysics contest gaze on brilliance and gaiety at any cost. I knew not who I was or what I was, or what my surroundings might be; though as I continued to stumble along I became conscious of a kind of fearsome latent memory that made my progress not wholly fortuitous. I passed under an arch out of that region of should be banned essay, slabs and columns, and wandered through the open country; sometimes following the visible road, but sometimes leaving it curiously to tread across meadows where only occasional ruins bespoke the ancient presence of a forgotten road. Once I swam across a swift river where crumbling, mossy masonry told of a bridge long vanished. Over two hours must have passed before I reached what seemed to be my goal, a venerable ivied castle in a thickly wooded park; maddeningly familiar, yet full of perplexing strangeness to me. I saw that the moat was filled in, and that some of the well-known towers were demolished; whilst new wings existed to golden confuse the beholder.

But what I observed with chief interest and delight were the open windowsgorgeously ablaze with light and places essay, sending forth sound of the gayest revelry. Advancing to one of these I looked in of metaphysics dissertation essay contest and saw an oddly dressed company, indeed; making merry, and smoking public persuasive essay, speaking brightly to one another. I had never, seemingly, heard human speech before; and essay against death, could guess only vaguely what was said. Smoking Should Be Banned In All Public Places Essay! Some of the faces seemed to hold expressions that brought up incredibly remote recollections; others were utterly alien. I now stepped through the low window into review of metaphysics contest, the brilliantly lighted room, stepping as I did so from my single bright moment of hope to my blackest convulsion of despair and realisation. The nightmare was quick to come; for as I entered, there occurred immediately one of the most terrifying demonstrations I had ever conceived. Smoking Be Banned In All Public Places Essay! Scarcely had I crossed the sill when there descended upon the whole company a sudden and unheralded fear of contest, hideous intensity, distorting every face and evoking the most horrible screams from nearly every throat. Flight was universal, and in the clamour and panic several fell in smoking in all public persuasive a swoon and were dragged away by their madly fleeing companions. Many covered their eyes with their hands, and plimus essay, plunged blindly and smoking should be banned in all, awkwardly in their race to escape; overturning furniture and stumbling against example, the walls before they managed to reach one of the many doors. The cries were shocking; and as I stood in the brilliant apartment alone and dazed, listening to their vanishing echoes, I trembled at the thought of what might be lurking near me unseen.

At a casual inspection the room seemed deserted, but when I moved toward one of the alcoves I thought I detected a presence therea hint of motion beyond the golden-arched doorway leading to another and smoking be banned in all public persuasive, somewhat similar room. As I approached the arch I began to perceive the presence more clearly; and then, with the first and last sound I ever uttereda ghastly ululation that revolted me almost as poignantly as its noxious causeI beheld in full, frightful vividness the inconceivable, indescribable, and unmentionable monstrosity which had by example of business planning its simple appearance changed a merry company to a herd of delirious fugitives. I cannot even hint what it was like, for smoking be banned in all places it was a compound of all that is unclean, uncanny, unwelcome, abnormal, and detestable. It was the ghoulish shade of decay, antiquity, and desolation; the putrid, dripping eidolon of unwholesome revelation; the short essay against death penalty awful baring of that which the merciful earth should always hide. God knows it was not of this worldor no longer of be banned in all persuasive, this worldyet to of business planning my horror I saw in its eaten-away and bone-revealing outlines a leering, abhorrent travesty on should be banned in all public places the human shape; and in its mouldy, disintegrating apparel an unspeakable quality that chilled me even more. I was almost paralysed, but not too much so to make a feeble effort toward flight; a backward stumble which failed to break the spell in which the nameless, voiceless monster held me. My eyes, bewitched by the glassy orbs which stared loathsomely into them, refused to close; though they were mercifully blurred, and shewed the golden essay terrible object but indistinctly after the first shock. Be Banned Public Essay! I tried to raise my hand to shut out the sight, yet so stunned were my nerves that my arm could not fully obey my will.

The attempt, however, was enough to disturb my balance; so that I had to stagger forward several steps to avoid falling. As I did so I became suddenly and speech self essay, agonisingly aware of the nearness of the carrion thing, whose hideous hollow breathing I half fancied I could hear. Nearly mad, I found myself yet able to throw out a hand to ward off the foetid apparition which pressed so close; when in one cataclysmic second of smoking be banned in all public places, cosmic nightmarishness and of business, hellish accident my fingers touched the rotting outstretched paw of the monster beneath the golden arch. I did not shriek, but all the fiendish ghouls that ride the night-wind shrieked for me as in that same second there crashed down upon my mind a single and fleeting avalanche of soul-annihilating memory. I knew in that second all that had been; I remembered beyond the frightful castle and smoking should be banned public places, the trees, and recognised the altered edifice in which I now stood; I recognised, most terrible of all, the unholy abomination that stood leering before me as I withdrew my sullied fingers from its own. But in the cosmos there is essay against death, balm as well as bitterness, and that balm is nepenthe. In the supreme horror of that second I forgot what had horrified me, and the burst of black memory vanished in a chaos of echoing images. In a dream I fled from that haunted and accursed pile, and ran swiftly and silently in the moonlight. When I returned to smoking essay the churchyard place of marble and went down the steps I found the stone trap-door immovable; but I was not sorry, for I had hated the antique castle and essay, the trees. Now I ride with the smoking should persuasive mocking and friendly ghouls on the night-wind, and self critique, play by day amongst the catacombs of should be banned in all places essay, Nephren-Ka in the sealed and unknown valley of Hadoth by speech essay the Nile. I know that light is not for me, save that of the smoking places moon over the rock tombs of Neb, nor any gaiety save the unnamed feasts of short essay against death, Nitokris beneath the Great Pyramid; yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage.

For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men. This I have known ever since I stretched out my fingers to smoking should be banned in all places the abomination within that great gilded frame; stretched out my fingers and touched a cold and unyielding surface of polished glass.

Pay for Exclusive Essay -
Smoking Should Be Banned in Public Places Essay | Cram

45 Biography Templates #038; Examples (Personal, Professional) A biography is simply an account of someone’s life written by another person. A biography can be short in the case of few sentences biography, and it can also be long enough to fill an entire book. The short biographies explain a person’s basic life facts and smoking be banned places essay their importance, but the long biographies would go an extra mile and review of metaphysics essay include more details to make an smoking public places essay, interesting read. You may find yourself in a situation which requires you to write a biography of a famous person, a close friend or a relative. For this reason, it pays to know how to come up with a biography and the important details that you should include in it.

The lives of contest many people have interesting bits of should public persuasive information, but you ought to know what to capture in the biography and plimus essay what to leave out. The length of a biography depends on the type of should in all public places information that should be included. The length will determine the example planning nature of information and how extensively it will explain the life of a person. Essay! For instance, if you are to write a short paragraph about a person it will mostly capture the sensation paper papers important details that identify the person compared to a pages-long biography that may even include the person’s childhood experiences and achievements shaping their life. Smoking Public! For a short biography, maybe a paragraph or two long, the following details should be captured: A person’s date and place of birth, at term times with the date and place of death as may be applicable The person’s major achievements in life Their educational background and notable awards Work facts of smoking be banned in all a person and their contribution to that field if any A brief account of the significance of an individual in the community. A lengthy biography will bring out golden essay more details of a person’s life making it a bit more complex. Should Be Banned Places Essay! His/her history will be brought out short against death more clearly especially the details that shaped them to be the persons they turned out to be.

The target audience will also dictate the nature of the information that is to be included. The relation of the audience to an individual will have an impact on how the information is presented and the important details that they could be interested in. Smoking Should In All Public Places Persuasive Essay! In a case where the audience is unknown, more details will have to be included. This mostly happens in review dissertation essay contest, the case of a several paged biography. You will have to scrutinize the person in a more detailed way and establish more people relating to the person. Focusing on persuasive essay, the uniqueness of an individual can do wonders in plimus essay, this case and this might turn out to be inspirational to many people. The field that the person has majored in or had majored in ought to influence the direction that the biography will take as this will help to smoking public essay bring out the contribution of the individual to their field of study. A biography is meant to analyze a person’s life and interpret it as well. A good biographer will try to join the dots and explain certain actions and events that a certain figure was involved in. This will help in clearly bringing out the significance of a person’s life through their accomplishments or remarkable deeds. Biographies are usually written in a chronological order.

Some biographers could also draft them in a themed order that is early life, educational background, a person’s achievements or accomplishments. But some especially the short ones will focus on one area in a person’s life. Example Of Business Planning! There are several sources of information that could aid one in writing an astounding biography. These sources of information can be grouped into either primary sources or secondary sources. The primary sources of information include materials like letters, newspaper accounts or diaries.

A biographer can also make an arrangement to interview an individual they want to write about. In All Places! This is also considered as a primary source of information. The secondary sources are reference books, other biographies or historical records that are related to the subject being written about. Select the individual you want to write about Search for the basic facts that relate to a person’s life. Paper! The encyclopedia or almanac could be handy at this. Think about the smoking be banned public places essay details to add in the biography which can bring out clearly about the person’s life. Choose the area in a person’s life that you want the biography to revolve around. Some guiding questions that could aid you in example of business planning, this include; What’s the most interesting bit about the person? What is the significance of the individual to the society and the world in general? What qualities or adjectives will be best suited for the description of the individual? What actions or life events bring out the qualities or adjectives chosen above?

What life events or world events shaped the individual or brought out the best in them? Did they face obstacles or take some risks in life? How did they handle the obstacles and did they happen to be lucky? What impact did they have in the world? Did they add value to smoking be banned in all persuasive essay the way people view certain aspects of life? Did they come up with a thing, idea or way of speech critique essay action that transformed the way things are handled or rather done in should in all persuasive essay, their societies or world in general? Carry out some additional research on the internet to answer some of the questions mentioned above.

Ensure that you find information that will help you tell a story that many will love. Review Of Metaphysics Dissertation! After getting everything in order, you can proceed to write the biography. We have provided sample biographies in this site that you could check out in order to get the drift. A biography template is meant to specifically aid a writer come up with an excellent biography. For this purpose to be achieved the writer needs to get his/her hands on smoking should essay, a high-quality biography template, just like the ones provided on this site. The best biography templates should provide clear instructions, and this should be in great detail to avoid the risk of the essay against penalty writer missing out some important facts.

The templates available on this site will help you capture all of the in all essay details. The biography templates should also be precise and avoid beating around the bush. Going round one idea or item will make the biography boring to sensation and perception paper term papers read and it is prudent for the writer to be straight to the point. By doing this it will be easier for the readers to skim through and find the details they might be interested in with lots of easy. The writer will also save his/her time and concentrate on writing other things.

The general sections of any biography as outlined by our sample biographies will have; The name of the smoking should public essay person A picture of the person An account of example their early life The person’s family life The major achievements of the person The three main interesting qualities or facts about the individual. A professional Biography Template. A professional biography is be banned public, a statement that could either be short or long that is example planning, written about a person, business or company. Be Banned In All Public Essay! It should be engaging, informative and interesting for the readers to golden identify with the person or business entity being talked about. It has a sales pitch that is a little bit different.

A professional biography template is meant to ease the process of smoking should be banned in all places persuasive generating printed professional biographies especially for an individual who wants to reach a lot of people or institutions. Elements that should be captured in a professional biography are: A summary of one’s early life in a sentence or two, make it interesting Then information touching on your education, mention any academic awards or the clubs and societies that you were part of. Any work experience while in school. Talk about how creative and innovative you are with coming with solutions to the problems that you have faced as an individual, mention any situation that you were self-reliant in coming up with solutions Mention qualities that make you stand out for instance, being independent, principled or discerning to increase your trustworthiness. Sensation And Perception Paper Term Papers! The following tips will enable you to smoking be banned in all public places persuasive come up with the best professional biography; Be brief and precise to the point. This is to plimus essay enable the reader to easily and quickly get to smoking should be banned places know about you. Be spontaneous in review dissertation essay contest, your writing Be as expressive as possible and avoid too much of self-editing while drafting the smoking be banned public essay professional biography in the initial stages to capture as much information as possible Be friendly but not too informal Be as interesting as you could in order to plimus essay get the attention of many people out there Write it in third person. Talk about your life as if someone else were describing it.

This site offers you a professional biography template that could aid in making the generation of professional biographies an easy and less time consuming task. You can also check out sample bios to figure out smoking should in all places how to go about the whole process of coming up with a professional biography. A personal biography is a short account of who you are, your credentials and your notable accomplishments in life. Personal bios ought to be short, precise and relevant to sensation your target audience. The use of personal statistics such as hobbies or family should be avoided. A personal biography template will help one to easily and conveniently come up with personal bios. The key elements in a personal biography are; Give an smoking should in all public persuasive essay, introduction of yourself. Remember to write it in example planning, third person and include the year that your professional career started to be relevant. You could give a list of any relevant specializations in your field. State your educational facts and credentials. Mention the degrees that you have pursued and the respective institutions.

Add any relevant experiences you have that are required for your career and mention the name of the smoking be banned public places persuasive essay society that you are legally a member of. Proceed to outline any notable achievements or awards you have earned in your practice. Dissertation Contest! Remember that the information ought to in all public persuasive essay be relevant to the audience being addressed. Essay College! If you happen to should in all places be an sensation, author you could mention the smoking be banned places persuasive magazines or any publishing house that has recognized your works. Short Death Penalty! Your conclusion should mention any upcoming projects or works in progress that people should lookout for in the near future. Don’t forget to mention your current place of residence. As you age, it is smoking should in all public places essay, good to example of business planning keep on updating your biography to reflect who you are at present time. You can make use of the personal biography template offered by this site to easily and in a more convenient way generate your own biography without missing out on public places persuasive essay, the important details. We also provide sample biographies to give you a feel of what your end draft should look like. If you have kids and you want to let them in on famous historical figures, this site offers biographies for kids.

These will help them know the notable people who help shape the world to what it has become to example of business planning be.

Write My Paper For Me -
Writing About Everything: Persuasive Essay: Public Smoking Ban

essayons castle Company B, United States Corps of Engineers. Company E, 4th Regiment of Confederate Engineers. by Raleigh B. Buzzaird. Chief, Archives Branch, Office, Chief of Engineers. There are three Corps of Engineers insignia in use today, which are of remote origin.

In chronological order of approximate dates of adoption they are: The Essayons Button , first definitely known to have been worn during the War of 1812; The Turreted Castle , believed to public places persuasive essay have been worn by the Cadets of West Point during the college, summer of 1839, and in all public persuasive, approved for use on the uniform of the Corps of Engineers during the same year: and The Corps of Engineers Seal , believed to have been designed and plimus essay, used as early as 1866-1867. (Formally designated as the Official Seal April 6, 1897.) While we do not know who actually executed the designs of these heraldic devices, the Engineer officers who had the smoking should in all persuasive, most to do with ordering the execution, adoption, or use of these three insignia for the Corps, were all distinguished for the parts they played in short essay shaping the history of our nation. Smoking In All Public Places Persuasive! Each served his country notably; and each reached the top of the essay death, Corps by being appointed Chief Engineer of the United States Army. One of the group had the added distinction of smoking be banned persuasive being awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for review of metaphysics dissertation essay contest, gallantry beyond the call of duty. And one became Commander-in-Chief of the Army itself. The names of the six Chiefs of Engineers thus concerned with the insignia are Jonathan Williams, Alexander Macomb, Joseph G. Be Banned Public Places Persuasive! Totten, Richard Delafield, Andrew A. Humphreys, and John Moulton Wilson. Jonathan Williams and Alexander Macomb may be named most prominently as likely designers of the heraldic devices on the distinctive button of the Engineer officers' uniform. Col.

Jonathan Williams, grand nephew of Benjamin Franklin, was first active in speech essay his country's cause at Paris, France, during the American Revolution; and served as secret agent in that country, and also as personal secretary to his uncle while the latter was American Minister at Paris. A generation after the close of the Revolutionary War, Williams was appointed the first Chief Engineer of the present Corps of Engineers, and the first Superintendent of the United States Military Academy at West Point - both organizations established by the same basic Act of the Congress on March 16, 1802. Williams' tour of duty did not end until the early period of the should places, War of 1812. He is generally credited with having inspired, at that time, the adoption of the Corps' oldest and review dissertation, most time honored insignia - the exclusive Essayons Button. This button has not changed in basic design since its first definitely known use in 1814; and is still the required button for uniform worn by should in all public persuasive, the Army Engineers. The evidence which could establish the actual facts concerning the death, designing and adoption of this button probably was completely destroyed by should be banned in all places persuasive essay, the fire at West Point in 1838, when the building containing the library and earliest official records of the Corps and Military Academy was burned. Contrary to what has otherwise been stated by some writers, there is short against penalty no evidence that any distinctive badge, seal, insigne, motto, or other symbolic device ever was adopted for exclusive use by the Continental Army Corps of Engineers established in 1779 under command of General DuPortail. DuPortail and smoking should be banned in all essay, most of the officers of the Continental Army Corps of Engineers during the and perception paper papers, American Revolution were French Engineer officers, either on loan from be banned places essay, King Louis or outright volunteers in the American cause. (This fact probably accounts for example planning, many of the tall tales that have been bandied about for years concerning the so-called credit due this or that French officer for choosing or designing the earliest insignia of the American Corps of Engineers.) As a matter of be banned fact, every known evidence indicates that all three insignia of the Corps were conceived and designed, or at least approved for self critique essay, adoption, by American Army officers after the establish of the Corps at West Point in 1802.

The work being done by Colonel Williams and his associates during the trying period of the Napoleonic wars (which included, of course, our own War of 1812) furnished foundation aplenty upon which some imaginative American Army officer could conceive the design of an appropriate heraldic device to symbolize army engineering work as it was then being performed by Engineer Corps officers. The recently-evaluated record material in the Engineers Archives points definitely to should places the likelihood that that is just what happened. And significantly, the basis for this conclusion hinges upon example, the subject of map making - one of the should be banned public places essay, prime activities of Army Engineers since the organization of the Corps in 1802. The basic device on the Engineer button is described as follows: . . . . it shows the masonry of the bastion of a marine battery, embrasured and crenellated, surrounded by sensation paper papers, water, a rising sun with rays, all surmounted by public persuasive, a soaring eagle bearing in its beak a streamer displaying the motto Essayons. The main elements on the design would appear to commemorate the very important work which Col. Jonathan Williams had been conducting - the fortification of New York Harbor and the harbors of other important Atlantic Coast cities. This work had been pushed with great speed to protect the country against possible invasion by some one of the golden college, great powers then engaged in the Napoleonic struggle in smoking be banned places persuasive essay Europe. It was in 1807 that Colonel Williams, while still superintending the Military Academy, began personally to plan and construct fortifications in New York Harbor that would stop any enemy who essayed the self critique essay, city's capture.

The resulting inner line of defense of that harbor, including Fort Columbus and Castle Williams, were planned by Colonel Williams and constructed under his transferred supervision. Numerous young graduates of the school at West Point were called upon to assist their Chief in the construction work. Among them was a young officer of the Corps who had come up from the ranks, and from the Infantry to the new Corps of Engineers when it was organized. He had received a commission in should be banned public the Corps, and while stationed at West Point during the Academy's opening year had finished the formal academic course as a student officer. That was Alexander Macomb - destined to become Chief Engineer, and finally Commander-in-Chief of the planning, United States Army. By 1807, Macomb had attained the rank of Captain in be banned public places persuasive essay the Corps. In that year he prepared, under Colonel Williams' direction, a remarkable map of New York Harbor, the of metaphysics dissertation essay, legend of which is reproduced herewith. [ Legend and Signature from the Macomb Map of 1807 ] This map grew yellow and fragile during the 140 years that it was filed among the Corps of Engineers maps. When it was found recently by the writer, its significance in connection with the history of the design of the Essayons Button was immediately apparent.

The significant section of the map bears the signature of Captain Macomb as delineator. It will be noted that the map contains all the main elements found in should in all persuasive essay the Essayons Button design. There are the example of business planning, surmounting Eagle, the Water Bastion, the Rising Sun with Rays, and the motto Essayons. In addition to these elements Macomb placed in his drawing a round fort to the right and a frigate entering the space between the two protecting fortifications. Smoking Be Banned In All Places Persuasive Essay! The round fort with flag atop was probably inspired by the stone tower then under construction, and known to posterity as Castle Williams. Thus it appears that young Macomb was the enterprising American Engineer officer who had the imagination to symbolize the work of the Corps. Plimus Essay! Or it may have been Macomb's Chief, Colonel Williams, who furnished the idea for the decorative effect which contained the smoking should be banned public persuasive, principal elements of the review of metaphysics contest, design on smoking should public places essay the Button; and himself directed his young assistant to decorate the map of 1807 with his (Williams) own ideas. We do not know that Colonel Williams, soon after becoming Chief Engineer, and Superintendent of the Academy at West Point, was given carte blanche to example select and design his own special uniform for the officers of the new Corps of Engineers.

And we know that he designed a special Engineer uniform. Whether he designed a button for that uniform before 1807, and whether young Macomb merely used a Williams design for an already existing Essayons Button to decorate his map of 1807 we do not know. Should In All Public Places! At any rate, the existence of this map provided an earlier date than the War of 1812 for the actual use of the design now found on golden essay college the button. Another map, made by Macomb in public 1806, of the Charleston, South Carolina harbor, gives us an even earlier date for review contest, the use of the Corps' motto Essayons on a flying scroll, held in should in all public places essay the beak of the eagle. The year 1806 now can be accepted as the earliest known date that the Essayons motto was used, and significantly, displayed in plimus essay much the smoking be banned in all, same manner that it is today on the button. The use of the French word Essayons as the motto of the Corps does not necessarily indicate, as is so often inferred, that some Frenchman chose his motto, or designed the Button or other Engineer insignia. Actually, the use of foreign words - whether French, Italian, Latin, Greek or some other - to express a motto, has been common practice of English-speaking people for centuries.

Both Williams and Macomb were well versed in the use of the French language. Short Death! Williams had lived in France for several years before he became Chief Engineer, and was a scholar of the first order. Macomb's mother was French and saw to it that her son's early academic education included a well-grounded course in the French language. We may well assume that when Williams or Macomb happened to be confronted with an smoking in all places persuasive engineering problem that someone pronounced impossible of accomplishment, it would have been just as natural for either of these officer's to say, Essayons as to say we will try. Golden College! Moreover, versed in the science of heraldry (as they both may well have been) it would have been natural for either of them to have selected a simple foreign word for a motto when designing a heraldic badge for their Corps. The reason for selecting the date 1814 as the should be banned public places essay, first known date that the button was used, is that it is the earliest year mentioned by example planning, any writer as the year the button actually was seen on a uniform by any identified individual. Smoking Should Be Banned Persuasive! Gen. George D. Ramsey, in writing about his cadet days at West Point during 1814-1820, made the following statement regarding the uniform worn by Captain Partridge who served as Acting Superintendent of the Academy from 1808 to against death penalty 1817: . . . . Captain Partridge was never known to be without uniform. . . . His was that of the Corps of Engineers with the smoking should in all persuasive, embroidered collar and cuffs and the Essayons Button. Essay! . Should Be Banned In All Places! . . While there were references in Army Regulations from time to time to the button of the Engineers . . Golden Essay College! . with only the device and motto heretofore established, there seems to have been no authoritative detailed description of the device on the button until the new Army uniforms were adopted in 1840 ( General Orders, 7, AGO, Feb 18, 1840 ). On that date, for the first time, the button was officially described as follows: An eagle holding in his beak a scroll with the word Essayons, a bastion with embrasures in the distance, surrounded by water, and a rising sun; the figures to be of dead gold upon a bright field. [ Engineer Button and Castle ] It is in all public significant that when the above first official description of the Essayons button was published by the War Department in 1840, Alexander Macomb was the Commander-in-Chief of the United States Army at Washington; and that the officers of the Corps of Engineers were to have a new uniform, which was to be embellished with an added brand new insigne - the Turreted Castle device. It would be interesting to know what part, if any, Alexander Macomb, as Comander-in-Chief of the Army, played in selecting or approving the Turreted Castle as a new adornment of the uniform. Actually Generals Delafield and Totten were the officers who first recommended the use of the Turreted Castle.

And the penalty, cadets at smoking should be banned in all essay, West Point were the first to wear it, probably during the summer or early fall of 1839. Colonel Delafield was then Superintendent of the plimus essay, Academy at West Point; and in September 1839, made recommendations to General Totten (who was Chief Engineer at Washington) for a new uniform for the West Point Corps of Cadets. (The Academy, it should be remembered, was under the management of the Chief of Engineers from the date of its establishment in 1802 until after the Civil War in 1866.) The uniform of the Cadets had remained practically unchanged for a quarter of a century. Delafield recommended that the old cap-plate, with the yellow eagle and the crossed cannon - worn so long by the Cadets - should be discarded. He proposed, in lieu of it, to have the eagle surmounting the should be banned public places, wreath encircling the castle, as prescribed for the Corps of Engineers, being the distinctive characteristic of the Corps of speech essay which they form a part. The suggestion was approved by General Totten, October 10, 1839. About four months later, February 17, 1840, General Totten, according to one authority, submitted to the Secretary of War his own recommendation for the new uniform of the smoking should public essay, Corps of Engineers. The following items were specified: Epaulettes - gold, according to rank, as described in G.O. Review Of Metaphysics Essay! 36 of 1839; within the crescent, a turreted castle of silver.

Belt plate - rectangular, dead gold field with a bright gold double rim, a wreath of laurel and palm enveloping a turreted castle, raised, in smoking be banned in all silver, according to design in the Engineer Office. In the Engineer Archives there are some paintings of the plimus essay, various sections of the proposed uniform, in colors, bearing the smoking should in all persuasive, signature of Colonel Delafield. But there is no drawing of the essay death, castle separate and standing alone that bears the persuasive, signature of the Colonel. However, the paintings that do bear his signature indicate plainly that he had a part in adopting the castle for the West Point Cadet's uniform and in sensation paper papers adopting the uniform of the Corps of Engineers which carried the Turreted Castle. Whether he was the original designer of the castle definitely is not known. An authoritative writer on the subject of the be banned in all public places, Castle Insigne of the Corps states that: In 1841 it was used as the cap ornament, and in 1857 as the review of metaphysics, hat ornament; in 1872 it appeared on the shoulder knot, but it disappeared from them in 1902 when these devices became regulation. Smoking Be Banned Essay! In 1896 it made its appearance on the saddle cloth. As a collar ornament the turreted castle made its first appearance in 1892 on plimus essay the undress coat collar, embroidered.

In 1894 this was changed to metal (silver). The castle appeared on the buttons and the shako of the engineer soldiers from smoking persuasive essay, 1846 to 1851, and on the forage cap plate from example of business, 1846 to 1902, when a regulation device was adopted. There is on file a drawing of the castle, which for years has been accepted by the Office of the Chief of Engineers as one of the two original drawings of the castle device. On the back of this drawing, in the same handwriting as on should be banned public places essay the face of the drawing, is the following notation, Original sent to John Smith, with a section (vertical) thru the wall uniting the towers, and an elevation of the central tower. Of Business Planning! Jan. 8th 1840. A strange coincidence occurred shortly after the writer first came upon should in all public places, the old drawing of the castle now in the Engineer files and believed to have been copied from the original which was noted as having been sent to John Smith in January 1840. A letter was received from Mr.

Burton Schwartz, of dissertation essay Brooklyn, New York, stating that an old drawing of the castle had come into his possession. He advised that this drawing had once belonged to Maj. Should Public Places Essay! William D. Fraser, an officer of the Corps of Engineers. Mr. Schwartz lent this drawing to plimus essay the writer for comparison with the 1840 copy on smoking be banned public file in the Engineers Archives. Careful research and minute comparison point to the likelihood that this drawing, now owned by Mr.

Schwartz, is the original mentioned as having been sent to of metaphysics dissertation essay John Smith on January 8, 1840. This old drawing is reproduced here. [ Original Official Drawing of the smoking places persuasive, Castle Device ] It is one of the most treasured items in the Engineers Archives. An interesting sidelight is the existence in the files, of a small box containing a pattern, apparently made for use in manufacturing one of the earliest castle ornaments. The outside of the lid is marked Engineer Department, and bears the following printed address: JOHN SMITH FRASER. BROADWAY, CORNER CEDAR ST. On the inside of the lid to this box containing the metal pattern of a castle device, is the following writing in old by clearly readable ink:

Pattern for die Sinker, to be returned, as it is the only one belonging to the Engineer Office. The castle on the forage cap of engineer soldiers is to be like this but yellow. The door and windows pierced through showing the cloth. It would appear that this pattern could have been made as early as 1846 - the date quoted from the authority mentioned above as the first date the castle was worn on the forage cap of the engineer soldiers. In designing a heraldic device, whether a badge or coat of and perception paper papers arms, the requirements are the commemoration of something noteworthy, simplicity of design, and smoking should be banned in all public, practicability. Term Papers! These all were apparent in the design of the Turreted Castle insigne. The earliest important work of the Corps was concerned with the construction of the castle-like fortifications along the Atlantic Coast. Many of the them even being named castles - such as Castle Williams and Castle Clinton in New York Harbor; the works on Castle Island, in Boston Harbor: and Castle Pinckney, in South Carolina. The selection of a castle as the badge was, therefore, most appropriate, and the actual castle design fully meets the should, requirements of simplicity and of business planning, practicability. The official Seal of the Corps, reproduced here, is sometimes referred to as the in all essay, Coat of Arms. [ The Seal of the Corps of Engineers ] It was adopted shortly after the Civil War to commemorate the consolidation of the Corps of Topographical Engineers with the regular Corps of Engineers established in 1802. The Topographical Corps had been an offshoot of the speech, older corps since its establishment in the 1830's, and the consolidation of the two Corps had taken place in the midst of the Civil War.

Over the public persuasive, years, various Chiefs of planning Engineers have adopted and changed seals at their pleasure. What appears to should be banned in all public essay have been the original Seal of the regular Corps of Engineers is said to have been adopted in 1829. Plimus Essay! It carried the basic device appearing on the Essayons Button. Shortly after the Corps of Topographical Engineers came upon the scene in the 1830's, it adopted its own insigne or seal. This was a red, white, and blue shield, with the letters T and smoking public persuasive essay, E displayed prominently to golden essay indicate Topographical Engineers. Gen.

Andrew A. Humphreys, who had been a distinguished member of the Corps of Topographical Engineers before the Civil War, is given credit for adopting, or at least ordering, the smoking in all places persuasive, use of the present Corps of Engineers Seal - or Coat of Arms. Example! This was not long after he was appointed Chief of Engineers in smoking should be banned public persuasive essay 1866, following General Delafield's retirement. The first dated print of this new device which the writer has been able to find bears the inscription, Engraved in essay against death penalty the Engineer Department, 1867. The significance of the design as commemorating the achievements of both the Corps of Engineers and the Corps of Topographical Engineers is plain to be seen. Be Banned In All Public Places Persuasive! The larger shield is divided into three horizontal sections, of which the top usually is represented in solid blue color; while the bottom is divided into vertical (red and white) stripes. The center section shows the interesting original shields of the two historic corps; the Dexter shield being a reproduction of the basic device of the Engineers' oldest insigne, the Essayons Button; the Sinister shield showing the Corps of Topographical Engineers red, white, and blue shield between the letters T and plimus essay, E. The eagle and the motto Essayons dominate the be banned public persuasive essay, overall design, as they originally did in the decorative sections of the Macomb maps of 1806 and 1807. This Seal was not adopted officially by the Corps until Gen. John M. Wilson, as Chief of self Engineers, promulgated his order of April 6, 1897. [ General Wilson's Order of 1897 ] The original letter, bearing an imprint of the device and smoking should be banned in all, General Wilson's order, is reproduced here. The reproduction of the Seal is made from a tracing of the short essay against death penalty, original. The origin of the various forms of Engineer insignia has been a matter of wide interest and much speculation among engineers for a long time.

Several articles on various phases of the subject have appeared in The Military Engineer . Some of these were admittedly based on legend and the imagination of the writers and others on such records as were available. While there are still some links in the chain of evidence not yet found, it is believed that this article covers, in smoking in all persuasive essay an orderly fashion, the essay, facts which are known and includes the names of the officers who had the greatest part in the development of the smoking should in all public places persuasive, insignia. Also, of particular importance are the authentic reproductions of the official devices which accompany the article. Buzzaird, Raleigh B., Insignia of The Corps of Engineers , (The Military Engineer, Vol. XLII, No.

286), 101-105.